Saturday, August 21, 2021

Summer Nights @ the Bowl Layout

***Just a reminder that there is still time to enter a layout based on one of my sketches so you're eligible for the prize drawing of a gift card to Scrapbook.com! See this post for details.***

One of my favorite things to do (that I haven't been able to do for a long time) is attend concerts at the Hollywood Bowl. My hubby and I usually invite a few friends and eat a picnic dinner in the cheap seats - not quite the nosebleed section but close to it - before the concert starts. For the layout, I used transparent texture paste to create a starry sky at the top of the page. It didn't come out quite like I intended (was hoping for a shinier look), but it was my first time using this product, so I guess I will learn with experience. At any rate, I love how the silhouette of Elliott and ET on the bicycle (created using Cricut Design Space) turned out.

Recipe:
Vogue Alphabet & Pen Pal Alphabet stamp sets
Dreamin' Big, Laughing Lola & Stargazer papers
Black, Juniper & Greg Wool cardstock
Black & Juniper ink
Black marker
Juniper & Silver washi tape
Transparent Gloss Texture Paste (Ranger)
Silver star brads (Creative Impressions)
Starry Night stencils (Simple Stories)
Pattern: EMS Sketch Challenge 2

Challenges: Heart 2 Heart Full Circle; Challenge YOUrself #92 Self Care (taking a night off from my kids to go out with friends!)

8 comments:

Sharon Fritchman said...

What a fabulous layout, Cheryl. I love your take on the sketch! And your photos are just fantastic. What an awesome way to show how you take care of yourself! Thanks so much for joining us at Challenge YOUrself for the self care theme this month. We are very happy that you did!

Cat Nowak said...

Great layout! Love your take on the sketch! Thank you for joining us at Heart 2 Heart!

Lisa-Marie | Scrap Paper Scissors said...

This is a wonderful creation! I particularly love your use of a dark background as it really makes your images pop!
Thanks for playing along with us at Challenge YOUrself!

Brandi said...

What a fabulous layout, full of circles! Thanks for sharing your memories with us! I love this, what a great card! Thanks for playing along with Heart 2 Heart Challenges (H2H).

Brandi R.
DT member H2H
crzy4scrapbooking.blogspot.ca

Cook Scrap Craft said...

Love this design! Looks like you guys had a great time! Thanks for playing along at Challenge YOUrself this month!

Tracy P said...

A friends night out... perfect for self care! Love all the photos and that you created a double page. Thank you for joining in with us at Challenge YOUrself.

Kim said...

How perfect! Your layout is fantastic! Thank you for joining us at Challenge YOUrself.

Melissa Robinson said...

I absolutely love your layout and all you incorporated in the way of paper! Fabulous combinations!

Thank you for participating in our Heart 2 Heart Challenges!