Monday, January 17, 2022

Family Fun Times 2016 Layout

I knew I wanted to do something special with this photo of me and my younger kids with their bio-brother and his adoptive family, so Sketch 501 from Sketches in Thyme seemed like a great place to begin. However, since I started with a larger photo, by the time I got all the layers added, it seemed too large for the tilt, so I straightened it out. Kinda bummed because I liked the tilt, but a gal's gotta go with what works for her photo, right? I also played along with the Baker's Dozen Challenge over at Scrapbooks.com. Here's the list; can you find where I put everything?

1.Papers that are new to your stash
2. Little heart embellishments
3. Ink spray or splatter
4. Stamp
5. Animal product or photo- stamp, die, punch, ribbon, stickers, etc.
6. Stencil
7. Journal cards
8. Brads
9. Dies
10. Nuvo drops or enamel dots, gems, stickles, etc.
11. Distress ink
12. Washi tape
13. Baker’s twine

Recipe:
My Life stamp set
Wicker Lane papers, stickers & journaling card (Photo Play)
Wood Grain paper
Lagoon, Raspberry & White Daisy cardstock
Honey, Juniper, Lagoon, Sapphire, Raspberry & Toffee ink
Juniper re-inker
White gel pen (Sakura)
Cotton Candy & Lagoon Washi tape
Flamingo & Stargazer enamel dots
Raspberry baker's twine
White heart brads (from my stash, source unknown)
My Happy Place Shape Sprinkles hearts (Doodlebug Designs)
Tim Holtz Dot Fade stencil (Stampers Anonymous)
Cricut Art Philosophy cartridge: tag
Pattern: Sketches in Thyme #501

Challenges: Lasting Memories #581 Lots of Layers; Let's Craft & Create #179 Anything Goes with optional twist of something new (haven't bought a lot of scrappy supplies recently but I did have two newish paper packs and a newish stamp set, so I used those here)

9 comments:

Tracy F said...

Beautiful family photo! Love your mix of papers here! Thanks for joining us at Sketches in Thyme!

Cheryl W. said...

Wonderful layout! So many fabulous details, and I bet it's even more impressive in person. Thanks so much for joining in on our latest challenge at Let's Craft and Create. Cheryl W, DT

Lori said...

Beautiful layout, Cheryl! I love those papers and all of your layers. Thanks so much for sharing with us at Lasting Memories!

Tracey Beer said...

Great layouts and I think you summed up family perfectly!

LisaM said...

I love the saying on the journaling card! Beautiful family page! Thanks for joining us at Sketches In Thyme!

Sandy Ross said...

This is just a fun colourful layout! Love all the layers! Great job with the challenge! Thanks for playing along with us at Lasting Memories Layout Challenges!

Deanna Deaton said...

Sweet photo and love your mix of patterned papers! Thanks so much for joining us at Lasting Memories and Sketches in Thyme! :)

Cynthia Baldwin said...

Love these fun colors and mix of papers and supplies. Great take on the Sketches in Thyme sketch!

Deanna said...

Really wonderful work with the sketch! Thanks so much for joining us at Lasting Memories this month! :)