Friday, February 25, 2022

Level Up Layout

A fun event for our church kids back in 2016. I didn't manage to get any photos of the kids actually playing video games, so I tried to recreate the feel of their video game competition using the Pro-Player papers and lots of sponging to give everything a slightly grungy feel. This worked especially well with the title letters since the Ruby red cardstock was a lot brighter than the Ruby in the patterned papers, so it helped them become a better color match!
Recipe:
Distressed Backgrounds stamp set
ProPlayer papers
Whisper, Slate & Ruby cardstock
Whisper, Slate, Outdoor Denim & Black ink
Black marker
Grey epoxy bubbles
Slate polka dot washi tape
Tim Holtz Rays stencil (Stampers Anonymous)
Cricut Artiste cartridge: title
Pattern: Sketches in Thyme #313

Challenges: Heart 2 Heart Sponge It (sponged edges of papers + sponged ink on a stencil to create the rays)

3 comments:

Cat Nowak said...

I love this paper pack and it is perfect for gaming. Great layout! Thank you for joining us at Heart 2 Heart!

Brandi said...

I love this, the inking is great. I love how you did this! I love this, what a great card! Thanks for playing along with Heart 2 Heart Challenges (H2H).

Brandi R.
DT member H2H
crzy4scrapbooking.blogspot.ca

Lauren said...

Oh I remember this paper- what an awesome layout!Thanks for joining us at H2H challenges.