Friday, February 4, 2022

Love These People Layout

Living in Southern California, we always have to drive at least an hour to get to the snow, so it's fun that this is my second snow themed layout I have scrapped this year. These are my only photos from February 2016 (no Valentines photos that year for some reason), so I wanted to incorporate a love theme into the layout somehow. I decided to use the big "Love These People" stamp as my title, and then added stamped, punched, and die-cut hearts, as well as the heart tag that was recycled from one of my kid's outfits. It's been hanging on my bulletin board for a couple of years, just waiting for the right moment to use it, and I think this was the perfect occasion!

Recipe:
All Decked Out, Love These People, You Warm My Heart & Best Friends Forever stamp sets
Snowhaven papers
Glacier, Cranberry & White Daisy cardstock
Glacier, Cranberry, Whisper & Black ink
Black marker
Seas the Day & Black enamel dots
Heart tag (recycled from an outfit)
Black string (from the tag)
Red gingham ribbon (Offray)
3-D foam tape
Stitched Circle metal dies (Art Impressions)
Heart Frame metal die (source unknown)
Heart punch (EK Success)
Pattern: EMS Sketch Challenge 95

Challenges: Double Trouble challenge #102 Something, Anything, Everything (Thing 1 = anything goes + Thing 2 = played along with 3 former partners!);  Dies R Us #186 Love theme + use a metal die; Retro Rubber #175 Love theme + use a stamp older than one year (used several sets purchased between 2009 and 2020); Inspiration Station #22 Warm Up With a Cup photo inspiration (used the color scheme of red, white, blue, and black AND scrapped snow photos AND  stamped an image of a thermal cup).

7 comments:

Suzanne Reynolds said...

Nice bunch of memories and your creativity and embellishments are always special too. I just pulled out some of those Christmas papers and they go back some years. Always nice when you can use those scraps in your stash. I need to do that. Thanks for sharing with us at Double Trouble and you have the record so far on sharing with our previous partners, kDies R Us, Retro Rubber and Inspiration Station which is our partner for new challenge. Hope to see you there.

Melanie Hungerford said...

What a wonderful layout and such a great display of some wonderful photos! Makes me feel guilty that almost all my photos remain unprinted, you do beautiful work. Thanks for sharing with us at Double Trouble.

Alyson Mayo said...

Great collection of photos on an excellent layout. Thanks for sharing with us at Double Trouble :)

Donna Walls said...

Great Layout and lovely design. I have the same CTMH stamp set and I love it, I used it this year for some holiday cards. Thanks for sharing your lovely project with us at The Inspiration Station! Donna

Heather said...

Such a fun layout, Cheryl - and an amazing collection of memories! Love all your "love" details - and that sentiment is perfect! Thanks so much for playing at Retro Rubber!

Maria Rodriguez. said...

WOW!! WHAT A FUN AND SWEET TRIBUTE TO ALL OF THE PEOPLE YOU LOVE IN THESE PHOTOS!! THE LAYOUT IS FABULOUS.
AND SPEAKING OF SNOW, UP HERE IN NW INDIANA WHERE I LIVE, WE DON'T HAVE TO DRIVE ANYWHERE TO GET TO THE SNOW, ALL WE NEED TO DO IS LOOK OUT THE WINDOW AND THERE IT IS, SHEEESH!! WE HAD ABOUT 10" LAST WEEK, I WISH I COULD HAVE SENT SOME TO YOU!!
THANK YOU FOR PLAYING WITH US AT "RETRO RUBBER".
STAY HEALTHY AND SAFE.
XO
MARIA/DT

LeAnne said...

What great layouts! Your family will appreciate these in years to come! Thanks for sharing this sweet creation with us at Retro Rubber!