Sunday, December 17, 2023

Live + Laugh Layout for Lasting Memories #681

Good morning everyone, and welcome to my layout for this week's Lasting Memories challenge. This month's theme is the Design Team's Favorite challenges from 2023, and today we are revisiting a challenge from September 17 - Stash Busting: Layering - create a layout with lots and lots of layering, and use brads, buttons or bling, or even better all three if you can. I chose to use buttons with some photos of our family posing with the cardboard cut-outs at a Mexican restaurant. I took a risk with the color combo by using some colors that aren't found in my photos, so hopefully it came out okay. This is the last Lasting Memories challenge for December, so we would love to have you play along and  share your layout based on this and any other challenges from this month.
Recipe:
Let's Wander Mixed Media papers (American Crafts)
Nectarine, Flaxen & Black ink
Black marker
Let's Wander Thickers, Tags & Journaling Pieces (American Crafts)
Field Notes Journaling Ephemera (American Crafts)
Color Kaleidoscope cardstock stickers & Puffy Stickers (American Crafts)
Journey Color Buttons II (Fun Stampers Journey)
Embroidery floss
Teal enamel dots
Pattern: Sketches in Thyme #593

Challenges: Challenge YOUrself #120 Anything Goes; Park Hopping My Happy Place December 2023 Challenge (I was inspired by the Mexican themed photos which reminded me of Fiesta Village at Knott's Berry Farm in Southern California)

7 comments:

Sandy Ross said...

Love the colour palette! Fabulous background work! Great layering and the buttons are perfect!!!

Sharon Fritchman said...

Hi Cheryl! I absolutely LOVE your gorgeous layout and photos! They are so fun and fabulous, as is your scrapbook page. I especially like the background and, of course, the amazing photos! Thank you so much for joining us at Challenge YOUrself this month. We are all very happy that you did!

Tracy P said...

So fun! Love the layout. The colors are perfect with your photos. Love all the layering and details. Thank you for sharing at Challenge YOUrself.

Makira said...

❤️❤️❤️ I didn't know that Knott's Berry Farm has a Fiesta Village. This little girl reminds me of Lucy from the Peanuts gang (shhh... this shows my age a bit - LOL!) Thank you for playing with us at Park Hopping My Happy Place. ๐ŸŽ„๐ŸŽMerry Christmas! Makira

Cook Scrap Craft said...

So beautiful! What a neat background! I haven't been to Knott's Berry Farm in many years, but I enjoyed it when I went. Thanks for playing with us at Challenge YOUrself!

Sherri Caramico said...

So much FUN is captured in this beautiful layout! Thanks for playing along with us at the Challenge YOUrself Blog!!

Nancy Li said...

Oh I love the fun photos! Your layout is beautiful! Thanks for playing along with Challenge YOUrself!