Wednesday, June 24, 2009

ACL Surgery Layout with Masking Tutorial

My poor hubby was involved in a mid-air collision while playing volleyball, and ended up with a torn ligament in his knee. He had to have surgery, so he spent a lot of time lying down, both before and after the surgery. He ran out of reading material, and was desperate enough to read one of my scrapbook magazines, a memory I will chuckle over for years to come. The funny thing is, he is more of a critic than I am regarding the artwork. He will totally analyse a layout and tell me why he likes or dislikes the work of the designer. Must be his engineering brain at work! I snapped a few pictures of him during this time and created this layout I want to share. I used the pattern Designer's Eye from Cherish, and random stamped on Bamboo colored cardstock to create a background paper. Since I wanted the thread to go through the eye of the needle, I masked part of the needle and stamped the thread over it, then removed the mask for my completed image. For those of you who have no idea what I'm talking about, I created a simple tutorial to show the steps to follow.
Enjoy!







And here's the layout!


Recipe:
Simple Stitches & Extreme Caps Alphabet stamp sets
Cranberry, Cocoa, Bamboo, Desert Sand, Moonstruck cardstock
Greg Wool, Coca & Cranberry ink
Versamark stamp pad
Embossing powder
Moonstruck marker
Embroidery floss (Making Memories)

No comments: