Monday, June 29, 2009

Retirement Layout

Sorry I haven't posted for a few days - been busy with a scrapbooking party and church events. Here's my latest layout. We have a good friend who was lucky enough to retire at 55, and I took these pictures at his retirement party. I created this layout using the Cherish pattern Dramatic Fashion, and once again I discovered I didn't have the color of cardstock I needed. I really need to order some more cardstock soon! To create the color I needed (Ponderosa Pine), I used the same brayer technique I demonstrated in my Easter Sunday layout, but this time I wanted a patchy effect, so I rolled my brayer in several different directions. This created uneven coverage, exactly what I wanted. The embellishments were created using a variety of stamp sets, including one of my favorites, He Said She Said (used on the innermost circles). I had finished the layout, but it still needed something, so I took my paper piercer and a spongy mat (similar to the Versamat) and poked holes all around the journaling box and one of the bottom photos. I tend to forget about this technique, but it's a lot easier than sewing! Just in case you're wondering, in the bottom right photo Gerry is demonstrating his golf swing.



Recipe:
He Said She Said, Solos O, Starstruck, Classmate Alphabet, Hodgepodge Alphabet stamp sets
It's a Guy Thing papers
Bamboo & Colonial White cardstock
Ponderosa Pine, Barn Red & Desert Sand ink
Ponderosa Pine marker
Foam squares
Brayer
Paper piercer

No comments: