Friday, June 5, 2009

One way to keep current with your scrapbooking


One of my goals the past two years has been to keep up-to-date with my scrapbooking, and I'm so pleased that I'm already scrapping March 2009 pictures. Of course, I haven't finished 2 months of 2006, and I skipped 2007 altogether, so I'm not totally caught up, but enough to make me happy. I realized this year as I looked at my scrapbooks that I can't include every event in my scrapbooks. With 24 scrapbooks already completed, I just don't have enough room in my house! So I am trying to pick out the most memorable events from each month and scrapbook them. Some months, we have a lot going on, so I may end up with 7 or 8 layouts, but most months I can keep it down to 3 or 4 double page spreads. As a chronological scrapper, I have always had a hard time omitting events from my scrapbooks, but let's be real: how many pictures of church picnics do I really need, and why in the world did I scrapbook 7 layouts of just the San Diego Wild Animal Park? So give this technique a try. As you look through your pictures, pick out the best shots from each event (just because you took a picture doesn't mean you have to use it), and try to stick to just a few layouts each month. The other pictures can go into a traditional photo album, or just burn a CD with the leftover digital pictures. Good luck, and happy scrapping!

No comments: