Thursday, June 18, 2009

Father's Day Card

I always have a hard time coming up with cards for my dad, but this year, I was inspired! One attribute of my dad's that really stands out to me is his work ethic. He is the most hardworking man I know, so I decided to make a card that celebrates this characteristic in a fun way. I used the pattern Upright from the Originals card book. I don't usually make 8" x 3.5" cards because I never know how to send them, but I just realized that they will fit in a standard letter-sized envelope - duh! Here's the outside of the card, which is very serious and classic looking.



And here's the inside, which hopefully will make my dad laugh.



Recipe:
Tool Time, Say It In Style, Friendship Alphabet Small & June Word Puzzle stamp sets
Autumn Terracotta, Desert Sand, Bamboo & White Daisy cardstock
Autumn Terracotta, Desert Sand, Lilac Mist & Chocolate ink
Pewter brads
Edge Distresser

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Cheryl,
I love this card! I left you something over at my blog...clearlystamping.blogspot.com