Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Graduation Cards

Just finished graduation cards for four gals at our church who are completing high school. We've known one since she was a baby, so it seems a little weird that she's old enough to graduate - yet another example of how time flies. I'm totally excited with how much money I just saved myself by not having to buy graduation cards from the store! I used the same pattern for all the cards (Winning Combination from Originals), but I wanted each one to be a little different since these girls all know each other and might see the others' cards. I was inspired by the little bird stamp from the June Word Puzzle stamp set, and I took it from there. All the patterned paper is from the same kit: Boom-Di-Ada Level 2. Isn't it cool how you can get so many different looks using the same color palette? The inside of the cards says, "Happy graduation."







Recipe:
June Word Puzzle, Party Invitation, Rustic Flowers, Hodge Podge Alphabet & Tiny Typewriter Alphabet stamp sets
Boom-Di-Ada Level 2 paper pack
Buttercup, Olive, Barn Red & Colonial White cardstock
Buttercup, Olive, Barn Red, Autumn Terracotta, Hollyhock, Sweet Leaf & Blush ink
Black Marker
White Grosgrain Ribbon
Pink & Green Grosgrain ribbon (from Michaels)
White Brad
Blending Pen
Circle Punch (CM)

No comments: