Pages

Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Creative Belli Christmas in July

The wonderful ladies over at the Creative Belli Blog have invited me to be a guest designer this week for their Christmas in July challenge! I pulled out a few stamps from the Glory to God stamp set and got to work. It was fun figuring out the layering on this card; I was stuck on how to get the shepherd layer on top of the Bethlehem scene and the night sky without fussy-cutting him, but then I thought of stamping him on vellum. Love how it turned out and I hope you do, too. Annabelle Stamps is also doing a Christmas in July challenges, so I thought I'd submit my card there, too.


Recipe:
Glory to God & Everlasting Life stamp sets
Superhero Level 2 papers
Outdoor Denim, Kraft, Colonial White & Black cardstock
Vellum
Chocolate & Versamark ink
White & black embossing powder
Colonial White brads
Cricut Art Philosophy cartridge: frame, star

5 comments:

lostinpaper said...

The vellum is perfect! I can see why you are so happy with your result, it's stunning!
Thanks for sharing with us at AnnaBelle Stamps this week!

west.mjwest said...

I love the embossing on vellum! beautiful card!!! you have given me some great ideas. thanks!

Kylie said...

This is a stunning and creative card! LOVE it! Great design and colour combo!!!
Thanks for sharing with us at AnnaBelle Stamps!

Take Care,
Kylie X

Marion said...

Now that is a clever idea to stamp on vellum to avoid fussy cutting - will have to remember that technique. Great card. Thanks for playing along with us at AnnaBelles this week.

AnnaBelle Stamps Blog said...

Beautiful card, love the silhouette!
TFS with us this week :)
Andrea