Friday, July 27, 2012

Tim & Erika Layout

Scrap It With a Song has another great challenge for this month: be inspired by the song, "Every Girl Like Me." The lyrics made a wonderful addition to a wedding layout on which I was working. I used the first verse as part of my journaling. I also wanted to participate in the Colors of the Sea challenge from Through the Craft Room Door. Here's the inspiration photo:

I picked up the blue, yellow, purple and green for my layout. I originally had my photos laid out on Lagoon cardstock, but thought it was too bold for these pictures, so I stamped a background image on White Daisy cardstock using Versmark ink, embossed the stamped image using clear embossing powder, and then sponged Lagoon ink over it. I love the more subtle shade this created. If you can't see it very well, click on the photo to get a close-up. 4 Crafty Chicks is asking to see wedding-related artwork this week, so I also want to enter this layout in that challenge.


Recipe:
Diverse Backgrounds stamp set
Petal, Gypsy, Pansy, Topiary, Buttercup & White Daisy cardstock
Lagoon, Black, Blush & Versamark ink
Topiary Bigger brads
Cricut Art Philosophy cartridge: flowers, flourishes, lattice border
Pattern: Let's Scrap 6-8-11

4 comments:

Dana Tatar said...

Beautiful! I love how you arranged the photos and the punched borders are so pretty. Thanks for playing along at Scrap it with a Song! =)

nicollelovesscrapbooking.blogspot.com said...

Soo pretty! Love the color combo you used. Thanks for playing along at scrap it with a song.

Carla said...

Great layout Cheryl! The background stamping/embossing is gorgeous! Thanks so much for joining us at Scrap it with a Song!

Leanne said...

Thanks for playing our Wedding challenge at 4 Crafty Chicks, fantastic job!

Leanne DT 4CC!