Monday, July 30, 2012

Oh What a Day Layout

One of the challenges for Splitcoast Stamper's Virtual Scrapbook Night (VSBN) was to scrapbook an exciting day about which, at the end of it, you looked back and said, "Oh, what a day!" Last year's Close to My Heart Convention was like that for me. The first day was such a whirlwind of activity and new products. I chose a few pictures to tell the story of that fun but slightly overwhelming day, and I placed the second page on a True-Fit Folio in which I can store the agenda and all the other info from the first day. Color Dare #9 from the Color My Heart blog was to use Petal and Creme Brulee on a project. I did, but I also added additional colors; even though I don't qualify for the challenge, thanks, Sarah, for getting me started. I used some buttons ( a couple are pretty old), so this also qualifies for the Stampin' Royalty challenge to use buttons. P.S. VSBN is still going on, so please feel free to join us for some fun challenges!

Recipe:
Trinity Alphabet stamp set
Bella Level 2 papers
Creme Brulee & Colonial White cardstock
Petal & Olive ink
Petal & Olive markers
Just Blooms - White Daisy, Spring Blossom & Paradise
Colonial White ric-rac
Craft buttons
Olive embroidery floss
Pattern: Let's Scrap 12-7-11

3 comments:

Linda Norman said...

I love your blog and amazing creativity! I nominated you for the Liebster Award! www.scrappytherapy.blogspot.com

sarahstone said...

I love your layout, Cheryl. It's colors are mostly from the color dare :) My first convention was this year, so I know what you mean. Come play along with us again next week at Color my Heart!

Sarah

Miriam Prantner said...

Another great layout! I would LOVE to go to convention some day! It's on my bucket list!