Tuesday, July 31, 2012

The Boy Who Could Sleep Anywhere Layout

I love these photos of my little guy sound asleep in his basket of stuffed animals, and was looking for a creative way to scrapbook them. I chose a Nuts About Sketches sketch, and decided to use a challenge from the Child's Play blog: be inspired by the children's book, Goodnight Moon. The cover of the book shows a star-filled window and some hideous orange and green striped curtains. CTMH has never come up with a paper pack that could do those curtains justice, but I found some striped paper that at least has green and orange in it, so I started with that, and then added some starry paper from the Stardust kit. I had a lot of fun making the title like a children's book title, and then I had the idea of writing "reviews" for it. Hope you enjoy them! (Click on the picture for an enlarged view if you want to read them without straining your eyes.) And finally, since I used only scraps on this layout, I want to enter it in the Heart 2 Heart scraps challenge.


Recipe:
Expedition & Stardust Level 2 papers
Stardust My Stickease
White Daisy, Autumn Terracotta, Sunflower & Bamboo cardstock
Autumn Terracotta ink
Topiary marker
Pattern: Nuts About Sketches Week 58

5 comments:

Annette Clark said...

Love the lo, Cheryl, but I adore your "review" journaling! I think I even have a pic I can use to scraplift this idea, when my daughter fell asleep with a book open on her face, LOL. ty for sharing!

Nancy Ball said...

What a great layout. You put some papers together I never would have imaged would work so well together. Thanks for playing our H2H Challenge this week.

Unknown said...

This is such a lovely card...wonderful use of scraps! Thanks for playing along with us this week @ H2H.

Cheryl said...

Cute layout! I love your journalling too. Thanks for playing at H2H!

Lela said...

Cheryl you always come up with fantastic ideas for your pages! The reviews are such a fun touch. I wouldn't have thought to put this paper together either, another great page!