Thursday, April 22, 2010

LOAD #22 - Coit Tower

Today kinda got away from me, and now I'm finally posting my layout just before midnight! For this layout about Coit Tower, I used a lot of White Daisy textured cardstock, but I colored it using the direct to paper technique. Basically, you just take your ink pad and swipe it over the surface of the cardstock until the desired value is achieved. Handy when you don't have the right color of cardstock, you don't want to pull out your brayer, and you want the background color of the cardstock to show through a little. The layout design is based on a Becky Higgins' sketch.



Recipe:
Building Block Alphabet stamp set
It's a Guy Thing Level 2 papers
White Daisy textured cardstock
Cocoa cardstock
Barn Red, Desert Sand, New England Ivy & Cocoa ink
Barn Red, Desert Sand & New England Ivy markers
Barn Red Bigger Brads

4 comments:

Linda Norman said...

http://i567.photobucket.com/albums/ss116/twinstimestwo/IMG_0324.jpg

Bounce House at the end of the straw maze!

Cheryl Even said...

Linda, please tell me you weren't waiting up for me to post my layout. There can only be one crazy scrapper in this challenge, and I think I've already qualified!

Linda said...

I wasn't up waiting for you. I was having trouble sleeping, couldn't turn my brain off.

Chanel's Owner aka Michelle said...

http://ownerofchanel.blogspot.com/2010/04/load-22-lake-side.html