Saturday, October 6, 2018

A Study In Greatness Layout

I'm hosting the Hooray for Hollywood Virtual Scrapbook Night over at Splitcoast Stampers this weekend, so I wanted to share a few of the challenges over the next week and invite everyone to play along. The challenges will all be posted this weekend, but you have until the end of October to complete them. Here's my layout for the Scandal Sheet Challenge.

The layout title was inspired by the title of Geoffrey Best's biography of Winston Churchill. My little known fact about Winston Churchill (at least I didn't know it!) is that he was born at Blenheim Palace into the aristocracy in the direct line of the Dukes of Marlborough, and his mother was an American.
The picture of Churchill's uniform and top hat flips up to reveal a hidden journaling card:
Recipe:
Victory & Make It Count stamp sets
Newsprint stamp set (SU)
Victory papers
Kraft, Fern, Outdoor Denim, Cashmere, Chocolate, Sapphire & Colonial White cardstock
Chocolate, Desert Sand, Fern, Slate & Black ink
Versamark ink
Gold embossing powder
Olive & Outdoor Denim craft buttons
Colonial White embroidery floss
Sapphire baker's twine
Cricut Art Philosophy cartridge: tag
Cricut Artbooking cartridge: star circle
Pattern: Rochelle Spears October 2018 sketch (rotated, plus I added a grid design for the right hand page).
Challenges: The Studio Challenges numbers challenge - I added a clock to my layout, so that's 12 numbers!

No comments: