Friday, October 5, 2018

Ben Franklin House Layout

I'm hosting the Hooray for Hollywood Virtual Scrapbook Night over at Splitcoast Stampers this weekend, so I wanted to share a few of the challenges over the next week and invite everyone to play along. The challenges will all be posted this weekend, but you have until the end of October to complete them. Here's my layout for the Celebrity Homes Tour Challenge.

I didn't have a Hollywood home to scrapbook, but I figured Benjamin Franklin is a pretty huge celebrity in American history, so here are some photos from the home he lived in for 16 years in London. I included a fun fact we learned on the tour (click on the photo to see a close-up view of the journaling), and I have some hidden journaling about the strange looking object in the photos on the right page. It's a replica of the original glass armonica invented by Franklin. (If you're not sure what an armonica is, check out this video). We were able to try it out to see if we could make it work!

Recipe:
Swirl Strokes Caps & Lowercase Alphabet, Take Note & Connections stamp sets
Emporium papers & My Stickease
Barn Red, Buttercup & Colonial White cardstock
Barn Red, Sweet Leaf, Cocoa, Creme Brulee & Crystal Blue ink
Colonial White ric-rac
Sweet Leaf ribbon
Cricut Artbooking cartridge: journal page
Cricut Artistry cartridge: house
Pattern: EMS Sketch 57

No comments: