Sunday, June 30, 2019

Blizzard Ahead Layout

I’ve never created a layout without pictures before, but any pictures for this topic would have been just a mass of white anyway, so I took the plunge to tell the story using journaling as my focus. Thanks to Double Trouble challenge blog for their Hit the Road challenge that pushed me to scrap the last page for a vacation we took in 2011! I scrapped the rest of my photos in 2017 but hadn’t done this page yet because it was such a departure from my usual process. Glad it’s finally done.
Recipe:
Pen Pal Alphabet stamp set
Glacier,  Black, Slate, Whisper, Pacifica & White Daisy cardstock
Glacier, Slate & Whisper ink
White gel pen (Sakura)
Black stitch grosgrain ribbon
Large black brads (from my stash)
Confetti embossing folder
Cricut Art Philosophy cartridge: snowflakes
Cricut Artistry cartridge: snowflakes
Cricut You Are Here cartridge: car, arrow road sign
Cricut Artiste cartridge: title road sign
Pattern: Sketches in Thyme #375
Challenges: Double Trouble #31 (Thing 1 - Hit the Road holiday/vacation theme with dry embossing, Thing 2 - play along with Pile It On challenge #155 - transportation, and Thing 3 - sign you would see on vacation.

3 comments:

papercraftingprincess said...

I love the creativity of all the snowflakes and NO PICTURES on your layout. It is the STORY that counts afterall.
Thanks for playing along with us at Double Trouble.

Melanie R said...

You have such a gift for creating scrapbook pages! I really think this page is special. Thank you for playing along with us at Double Trouble.

Elizabeth Hart said...

Such a great winter card - and, your layering is perfect. Thanks so much for joining us this time at the Pile it On Challenge, Elizabeth (DT)