Sunday, July 18, 2021

Celebrate Our Baby Girl Layout

I have been on a scrapping hiatus for the last four weeks, in part because I was getting our family ready for a two week vacation, but it feels good to be back in the saddle! There's a funny story behind the creation of this layout, starting with Friday when we returned from vacation. As I was unwinding from our flight, I noticed our dog and cat sniffing around my recliner. That usually means the cat has dragged in some critter and let it go so she can play with it, only to have it escape somewhere. Wishing to remove said critter from my house, I moved the recliner and a rat jumped out and scurried across the floor towards my scrapbooking room/office! Knowing how much damage a rat could do there, I called my husband, son, and both pets into service to flush out the rat and get rid of him. After several tries, the rat ran right in front of me and I somehow had the presence of mind to step on him (fortunately I was wearing shoes), rendering him immobile until my hubby managed to grab him and dispose of him. Afterwards, my husband commented on the rather messy state of my scrapbook room, and I had to admit the piles of paper everywhere were rather unattractive. Saturday morning, I got up and went to my scrapbook room, resolved to dispose of at least one big pile of paper. As I was working my way through the pile, I came across some photos my sister-in-law had sent us eleven years ago upon the occasion of her daughter's birth. Since two challenge blogs had a baby theme going this week, I decided it was long past due to scrap these photos, so, thanks to the rat, here they are!

Recipe:
Wild Asparagus papers (MME)
Pomegranate, Cocoa & White Daisy cardstock
Pixie & Cocoa ink
White gel pen (Sakura)
Love Letters rub-ons
Baby Toys stickers (Mrs. Grossmans)
Pink grograin ribbon (Michael's)
Pink baker's twine (American Crafts)
Cricut Artbooking cartridge: title
Cricut Art Philosophy cartridge: circle tag
Pattern: Rochelle Spears July 2021 Sketch
Challenges: Double Trouble #87 Mood Board, Oh Baby! (Thing 1 - mood board + Thing 2 = played along with Bitten by the Bug's Baby themed mood board challenge + Thing 3 = used die-cuts)
Lasting Memories #555 Use the word "Celebrate" in my title; 2 Crafty Critter Crazies #52 Anything Goes with a Critter (my story certainly featured a critter, but I also added a bear sticker to my layout); Scrap With Stacy tic-tac -toe board (used the bottom row with bows, rub-on and 2+ photos)

10 comments:

Deanna said...

How precious this is and great work with the sketch too! Thanks so much for your entry at Lasting Memories! :)

Casandra Bennett said...

Oh my goodness! You are a lot braver than I am. I would have left the house until someone dealt with it. That being said, I once trapped a mouse with a drinking glass underneath my kitchen table. Don't know what made me do it, and I was freaking out until my husband came home and slid something thin under the glass to remove the mouse. :)

Inkami said...

Fabulous layering of elements on this layout, babies sure are a gift to us all.

Golden Goddess Designs said...

what a story Cheryl! gave me a laugh! glad it resulted in this great layout. Thank you for sharing with us at Bitten by the Bug 2 as usual we appreciate your linking up.

Alicia

Deanna said...

Oh heavens! I don't have the energy to deal with rodents any more, but, my, you did great! We have dogs that would catch them (maybe) but not any cats anymore. Just found your blog via Pinterest and wanted to say HI! Have a great day!

Donna Scholz said...

Cheryl, what a funny story that led to creating your baby page 11 years later! Great page, which I'm sure both your niece and your SIL will enjoy seeing the page, too! Thank you for joining us at Double Trouble for our "Oh, Baby" challenge!!! -Donna

Melanie R said...

Definitely a memorable event, Cheryl! Love your scrapbook page - it's perfect!
Thank you for playing along with us at Double Trouble #88.

Caroline said...

This is such an adorable scrapbook page and a beautiful baby girl. I love your page design. You are so brave to deal with that rat! I would have climbed up on something! Thanks for joining us at BBTB2.

Suzanne Reynolds said...

What a great interpretation of the sketch... love it and what an adorable niece and now all grown up. Beautiful page.

Sandy Ross said...

Oh my goodness…that’s quite the story. Glad you were able to get the rat out of the house! Creepy!!!! But great that you were inspire to create this beautiful layout! Greate use of the Celebrate title challenge! Thanks for playing along with us at Lasting Memories Layout Challenges!