Saturday, July 24, 2021

Bowling Is My Kind of Game Layout

Just some fun photos of my kids bowling with their Aunt Vickie. For the title, I played along with a challenge on Scrapbook.com to use a country song's title or lyrics on your layout. I Googled "country songs about bowling" and ended up with a country version of  Raffi's "The Bowling Song." It fit my layout, so I ended up using the lyric, "Bowling is my kind of game" as my title, but now I have the song stuck in my head - eek! 

Recipe:
Magical Alphabet stamp set
These Are My People & Party Time papers
Nectarine & White Daisy cardstock
Nectarine, Canary, Sapphire & Green Apple ink
Moonstruck marker
Color Kaleidoscope puffy stickers
Cricut You Are Here cartridge: bowling pins & ball
Cricut Art Philosophy cartridge: banners
Pattern: Sketch-n-Scrap #228


Challenges: Heart 2 Heart It's a Banner Day; Bitten By the Bug Recycle challenge (I have a whole bag of 12" x 1.5" white cardstock strips left over from my card workshop days, so I used one to back the bowling pins die-cut strip, and another to stamp the title, cut the larger pins and one tag, and for journaling strips. It's not a huge recycle but it's the best I could do!); Tic Tac Toe challenge #105 (used the right column with orange, free, and alphabet stamps)

17 comments:

Dorlene Durham said...

Great layout! I love the blue and orange color scheme and just a great layout! Thanks for joining the challenge at Sketch n Scrap and also the Bitten By The Bug 2 site. I am on the DT for both of these blogs. LOL. Dorlene

Deanna said...

Wonderful bowling embellishments and great shots! Thanks so much for joining us at Sketch N Scrap! :)

Lori said...

I love this fun layout, Cheryl! I have photos of my granddaughter bowling and you have inspired me to get them out and get them scrapped! You have used one of my favorite CTMH papers on this layout - you just can't find a good light blue like the one you used. I think I bought another pack of that paper just for the blue! Thanks so much for sharing with us at Sketch N Scrap!

Sunshine HoneyBee said...

Wonderful layout. Fun way to use up scraps. I'm a fan of bowling. Met the guy I married on bowling team.
Melissa BBTB2 Design Team 2021
"Sunshine HoneyBee"

Cynthia- Gardenias and Glitter said...

Cute Layout! How clever to use a song!

~Cynthia
Gardenias and Glitter

Brandi said...

Fabulous layout! I love it. Super fun and super cute! Thanks for playing along with Heart 2 Heart Challenges (H2H).

Brandi R.
DT member H2H
crzy4scrapbooking.blogspot.ca

Claire Broadwater said...

What a fun way to use our TTT board. I love scrapbooking pages. Looks like a lot of fun too! SO happy you joined us at The TTT challenge!

Caroline said...

I love your layout. We both did the same kind of recycle! My scrap paper bin is overflowing and I had no trouble finding paper scraps. Great job on the sketch. It looks like everyone is having fun. Thanks for joining us at BBTB2.

Golden Goddess Designs said...

Cheryl, great layout. Great way to use scraps and I always love a good sketch. Thanks so much for sharing with us at BBTB2.

Alicia

Cat Nowak said...

Fun bowling layout! I love your take on the sketch! Thank you for joining us at Heart 2 Heart!

Connie Can Crop said...

Such a great layout! Are you in Upland Ca? LOL! Fun!! It's great to finally use those small scraps we save isn't it!! Good luck and thanks for joining us at BBTB2- DT Connie

Scrapping Girl said...

Great color scheme and way to recycle the scraps! Truthfully, I have enough scraps I should probably never need paper again, lol! So glad you shared your project with us at BBTB2!
:)
Michelle

Tina Campbell said...

Super cute layout, fun theme too :) bowling shoes has changed since I did it last :) and I love what you did with the sketch :) Thank you for joining us over at Sketch n Scrap
Tina-DT

Lisa in Texas said...

This is just too cute! I love the papers you used! Thanks for joining us at Sketch N Scrap!

Kim said...

Cute layout. The first thing that caught my eye was the background. Love it. Thanks for joining the challenge at Bitten by the Bug 2.

Denise S. said...

Cute layout and using those scraps keeps them out of the trash. Thanks for joining us at BBTB 2.

Sura said...

Love bowling! Beautiful layout. Thanks for joining us at Sketch N Scrap.
Surama