Wednesday, July 21, 2021

Love This Getty Villa View Layout

I have been planning to scrap these photos of the memorable Getty Villa in Pacific Palisades for a while, and I finally finished the layout today. I didn't use any patterned paper on this layout, but I did add a subtle design by using an old SU stamp that I randomly stamped on the Sage and Almond cardstock pieces. My title was inspired by the Lasting Memories challenge to use the words "Love This View" as your title. Since I enjoyed every view in all the photos I scrapped, I inserted "Getty Villa" into the title to make it clear I loved it all!

We took a lot of pictures, so I will be inserting a vertical photo storage page in the album to hold 12 more photos. Here are a few of my faves:




Recipe:
Story FYI stamp set
Wide Journal Block stamp (Scrappy Cat)
Itty Bitty Backgrounds stamp set (SU)
Paprika, Sage, Juniper, Charcoal, Grey Wool, Black, Kraft & Almond cardstock
Autumn Terracotta, Sage, Desert Sand, Slate, Grey Wool & Black ink
Black marker
Kraft Color-Ready Borders
Autumn Terracotta & Grey Wool baker's twine
Cricut Art Philosophy cartridge: tags, dragonfly, branch, frame
Cricut You are Here cartridge: arch, cup
Cricut Design Space: title using Brushstroke MT font
Pattern: EMS Sketch Challenge 40

Challenges: Lasting Memories #557 use "Love This View" in my title; The Studio Challenges multi-photo layout; Challenge YOUrself #91 use shapes (I used several tags plus a large circle, and I loved finally scrapping the photo of me in a Medusa hat!)

11 comments:

Sharon Fritchman said...

I love your 2 page layout, Cheryl! I especially like all of the beautiful photos that you scrapped and that you were in a lot of them!! It looks like you had such a good time!!! I cannot thank you enough for joining us at Challenge YOUrself this month for the shape challenge. We are all very happy that you did! YAY!

Maya Yang said...

Wow, what a beautiful double page and a great take on the challenges! Absolutely love the color combination. Thank you so much for joining us at Challenge YOUrself this month.

瑞尼 Rainny said...

Love everything about this! The color, the stamps, the tags. Great job! Thanks for joining us at The Studio Challenges!

Deanna said...

Wonderful 2-page design! I love your title work along with the tags! Thanks so much for your entry at Lasting Memories! :)

Cook Scrap Craft said...

What a great two-page design! I've never seen anything like it! Thanks so much for joining us at Challenge YOUrself!

Sandy Ross said...

I love that you didn’t use any patterned paper and the stamping! I always love your sketches. Great use of the title challenge! Thanks for playing along with us at Lasting Memories Layout Challenges!

Lisa-Marie | Scrap Paper Scissors said...

What a great double page layout! Thanks so much for joining us at Challenge YOUrself!

Tracy P said...

Great take on the challenge and I love seeing a double page. Thank you for joining in with us at Challenge YOUrself.

Kim said...

I love how nicely you included so many photos in your layout with the grid pattern. Fabulous! hank you for playing along at Challenge YOUrself!

Carmen Crosseti Cohen-Henriquez said...

Such a fun layout! Love your title work! Thank for joining us at Challenge YOUrself this month.

Lauren said...

Beautiful layout! I love colors and those tags! Thanks for joining us at Challenge YOUrself!
Lauren