Wednesday, July 28, 2021

The Tempest Layout

Every summer, Shakespeare By the Sea performs two Shakespeare plays in various parks in Los Angeles and Orange Counties, and my hubby and I always try to go to at least one performance with our friends Owen and Maria. We were so sad it was cancelled last year, but it's back on so we are hoping to catch one of the plays next month! In 2015, we saw the Tempest, and even though the pictures we took afterwards didn't come out very well because it was nighttime, I still wanted to scrapbook that memory.

Recipe:
Fresh Air & Spring 2020 Mix-In papers
Sage, Paprika, Sapphire, Peach & White Daisy cardstock
Sage ink
Moonstruck marker
White gel pen (Sakura)
Floret paper flowers
Yellow buttons (from my stash, source unknown)
Sapphire baker's twine
Cricut Artistry cartridge: tab
Cricut You Are Here cartridge: title, masks
Pattern: Sketches in Thyme #476

Challenges: Use Your Stuff S#427 summer fun; Color My Heart Color Dare #453 (used top row with Sapphire + Glacier + Sage and bottom row with Peach + Paprika + Sundance - I didn't have the exact colors for the buttons and flowers, but I came as close as I could).

9 comments:

Julene Matthews said...

Thanks for joining us at UYS. Your layout looks like fun too.

Deanna said...

I love your background with the framing and perfect corner cluster! Thanks so much for joining us at Sketches in Thyme! :)

Melanie R said...

What a great way to spend an evening - the theater, good friends, and Shakespeare! Lucky you! And you have captured the memory of that evening beautifully in your page layout. Thank you for playing along with us at Color My Heart Color Dare #453.

Alyson Mayo said...

Great background - lovely layout to commemorate a special event. Thanks for sharing with us at Colour Dare :)

Stephanie Capelli said...

Great layout! Thanks for sharing with Color Dare!

Susan Renshaw said...

Great layout!
Thank you for sharing with Color My Heart Color Dare!
Susan
Color Dare Challenges
Calling All Crafters! – My Blog!

Rosie said...

Love you embellishments! Thanks for playing along with us at Sketches In Thyme!

Cat Nowak said...

What a great layout to celebrate a memory! Thank you for joining us at Color Dare!

Eli said...

Great! I wish you a wonderful summer. Eli (Sketches in Thyme)