Tuesday, March 22, 2022

Skating Party Invitations

My daughter wants a skating party for her birthday, so I booked the venue and then set to work designing and creating invitations. I had to use older supplies from when I was a CTMH consultant, since I needed to be sure I had enough of the same papers to use for multiple invitations. The old Laughing Lola papers from CTMH seemed to fit the bill; they are just cute enough to make me happy and just Goth enough to make my teenaged daughter happy! It's a little hard to see in the photo, but I used a clear shimmer brush to add some shine to the wheels on the skates.


I also created another variant for the boys' invitations, since I figured they wouldn't be excited about purple and sparkles! Instead of sparkles, I used black pearls. Not sure which invitation I like more, but it was fun figuring out the details of each.

Recipe (Card 1):
Laughing Lola papers
Crystal Blue, Saffron & Black cardstock
Crystal Blue, Thistle, Saffron & Black ink
White gel pen (Sakura)
ShinHan Touch Twin marker
Clear shimmer brush
Bitty sparkles
Swiss Dot embossing folder (Cuttlebug)
Cricut Design Space: Let's Roll die-cut

Recipe: (Card 2):
Noted Backgrounds stamp set
ProPlayer papers
Slate, Whisper, Ruby & Black cardstock
Slate, Outdoor Denim, Ruby & Black ink
White gel pen (Sakura)
ShinHan Touch Twin marker
Licorice Opaques pearls
Cricut Design Space: Let's Roll die-cut
Pattern: Try Stampin' on Tuesday #547 (slightly modified, because that's what I do!)

Challenges: Allsorts Challenges #668 Feminine theme; Festive Friday #0105 (For the girly card, I chose sparkles, polka dots, rhinestones & layers)

11 comments:

brenda said...

Fabulous cards for the youngsters, many thanks for joining in with Allsorts 'Feminine' theme this week.

B x

Ellibelle said...

Two fabulous cards, such great designs! Thanks so much for sharing at Allsorts challenge!

Dena J said...

Fun cards, perfect for a skating party! Thank you for joining the challenge at Allsorts this week.

Dena J said...

And hello again! I love the take on our sketch. Great color and papers you have chosen for the invitations. Thank you for playing along with us at Try Stampin' On Tuesday. -Dena J, Design Team

Heather said...

These are great, Cheryl! I love the boy-girl variations you did, and now I want a skate party for my next birthday, too, lol. Thanks so much for playing at Try Stampin' on Tuesday!

Donna Scholz said...

Cheryl, a roller skating birthday party,,, what fun!! You went above and beyond as a Mom creating these great party invitations! Thank you for sharing them and your creativity with us at Try Stampin' on Tuesday!!! -Donna

Alyson Mayo said...

I remember that paper from WAY back! Love the skating boot! Thanks for sharing with us at TSOT :)

Melanie R said...

Fabulous invitations, Cheryl! The patterned papers and your color choices are perfectly coordinated for this fun design. I love the sentiment and skate, too. Thank you for playing along with us at TSOT #547.

Mervi said...

Fabulous cards.
Thank you for sharing at Allsorts;-))m

Joanne James - The Crafty Owl said...

I love a punny sentiment and this one along with the fun diecuts are just perfect for a roller skating party! So much fun and beautifully co-ordinated colours and papers too. Thanks for playing with us over at Festive Friday!

Beth McCullough said...

Darling invitations, Cheryl! Hope your daughter has a fabulous party! Thanks for joining us at Festive Friday Challenge! :)