Thursday, September 3, 2026

EMS Sketch Challenge #131 + Walking on Sunshine Layout

It's time for another scrapbook sketch, and this time I used mostly vertical photos with one horizontal. Feel free to use the sketch and post a link here so I can admire it!

I forged ahead and scrapped a couple of layouts out of order from our Kew Gardens visit, so today I went back and started at the beginning with our visit to the towering Treetop Walkway. It was amazing in a kind of scary way! The horizontal picture flips up to reveal another photo and my journaling card, on which I shared my mixed feelings about being that high in the air.


Here's the journaling card with a small photo on it. My hubby took the photo from another part of the walkway, so I added an arrow so you can see me! I knew part of the journaling card would be hidden under my cropped photo, so I used a craft knife to remove the hidden part and used it for my journaling on the main part of my page.

Recipe:
Wild Asparagus papers (MME)
Woodgrain paper
The Flower Emporium Starters papers 8 & 10 (49 and Market)
Olive, Fern, Glacier & Dutch Blue cardstock
Saddle, Fern, Olive & Glacier ink
Coffee marker (Zig)
True Colors Floral Bits (Simple Stories)
Century Type Leather stickers ((All My Memories)
Sweet Rush Collection - Loving This puffy stickers (American Crafts)
Woodgrain washi tape
Natural hemp
Challenges: Heart's Quest Challenge Blog #87 - anything with a heart; One More Page - scrapbook layouts only; Triple B Anything Goes including a bird, a bloom, and/or a butterfly; Unicorn Challenge Blog #124 Not square (used ltos of rectangles and a couple circles, but no squares); Inkspirational #375 Visual prompt: Scrabble tiles (I was inspired to pull out some square letter stickers to use as my sub-title).

6 comments:

Julia Aston said...

What great pages to preserve this Treetop Walkway memory for you, Cheryl! Thanks for sharing with us at Inkspirational: Julia xx

Marlena M. said...

Oh you're much braver than me! Lovely layout; thank you for joining us at INk~

Deanne Saunders said...

Wow!!! Awesome layout!!! You are a master at 2-page layouts!!! I have done them but they are rare!! Thanks so much for participating in our ONE MORE PAGE challenge!!! I appreciate that you play along and I enjoy visiting your blog!! Have a happy crafty day!! Deanne at A Little Bit O’ Paper

Camille Short said...

Fabulous layout. I love your take on the sketch. Thank you for joining the One More Page Challenge!

Grandma Bonnie said...

What a great layout!! Thank you for sharing your beautiful work at One More Page challenge!

Becca Sadler, owner and manager of HQCB and FQCB said...

The pink heart accents look great in your clusters for this tree-top walkway story layout!! Thanks for creating and sharing with HQCB #87!!