Sunday, September 20, 2026

Red Ribbon PJ Day Layout for LM #817

Here's another layout for my daughter's elementary school album, just in time for the latest Lasting Memories challenge. Wendy dared us to use four each of the following items: photos, squares, a 4-word title, and embellishments. This was a great chance to use one of my older sketches that featured four squares as the background, and then I added a few wooden veneers that I painted - so fun! We would love to see you over at Lasting Memories for this or any of the September challenges, but hurry, there are only two weeks to go.

Here's a close up of the owl; I added him because he's the school mascot!

Recipe:
Slipper paper (Karen Wilson Fine Arts)
Lilac, Wisteria & Slate cardstock
Wisteria & Slate ink
Light Grey fineliner pen (iBayam)
Everyday Moments pocket card (Scrapbook.com)
Best Friends sticker (Photoplay)
Wooden shapes (flowers from Amazon, owl from my friend Lisa)
Acrylic paint (Plaid)
Googly eyes (Michaels)
Petticoats & Pinstripes enamel dots (Echo Park)
Leopard print stencil (Amazon)
Cricut Design Space: title using Agent Q font
Pattern: EMS Sketch Challenge #109 (rotated right)

Challenges: Neglected Stuff Challenges My neglected stuff is the slippers patterned paper that's been in my stash since my neighbor gifted it to me in 2014 (glad I finally could use some); Stencil Fun I used a  leopard print stencil on my photo mat; Triple B Anything goes including a bird, a bloom, and/or a butterfly - used owl and flower wood veneers.

No comments: