Tuesday, September 8, 2026

You Can't Make Old Friends Layout

I love the lyrics of the Kenny Rogers and Dolly Parton duet, "You Can't Make Old Friends," especially the lines about "When somebody knocks at the door, someone new walks in, I will smile and shake their hands, but you can't make old friends." This is something I have discovered in the past five years as our old church closed down and we had to start anew at a different place. I am getting to know the ladies there, but there is something missing, the shared experiences that help make old friendships so vibrant. Hopefully someday that will develop, but in the meantime, I am grateful for the ladies pictured here, who were my old friends for so long!

The hidden journaling where I talk about the event and the friendships I have with these lovely ladies is on a tag that pulls out of the green sleeve:

Recipe:
Post Card Travel Series stamp set
Summer Vibes papers
Lemonade, Glacier & Candy Apple cardstock
Sunny Yellow, Glacier, Fern & Black ink
Mars Black fineliner pen (iBayam)
Scrapbook Queen stickers (MAMBI)
Decor Journaling Spot
Red Dot Essentials washi tape (Echo park)
Red baker's twine (from my stash, source unknown)
Heart punch (EK Success)
Cricut Artbooking cartridge: scalloped frame, circle
Cricut Design space: arrow, title using Bradley Hand ITC font (written on the circle) & BFC Night Kiss (cut out)
Pattern: EMS Sketch Challenge #99

Challenges: Paper Rocks Scissors #20 Scissors = I mounted the corner stickers on white cardstock and trimmed around them; Let’s Craft and Create #235 Anything Goes including optional twist: Frame it; Neglected Stuff Challenges my neglected stuff was the MAMBI corner stickers (I searched my blog back to 2015 but couldn't find I had used them anywhere, so they were truly neglected)!

No comments: