Thursday, June 2, 2011

Week 22 Layout Linky - The Story Layout

I guess I ran out of mojo and photos to scrap at the same time, because I never got back to scrapping the rest of my LOAD for May. Oh well, I still got a lot done, so I can be thankful for that. Inspiration found me today, and I was able to complete this layout from the zoo. It uses Sketch 121 from The Scrappiest blog. I had quite a bit of journaling that I wanted to include, and the sketch didn't show any journaling space, so I improvised. Since the picture on the right was going to be raised up anyway by the chipboard frame underneath it, I decided to make it into a journaling pocket. Using 3-D foam tape, I raised the bottom and right side of the photo, and a journaling tag slides in easily.



The journaling tag:

* I removed the name of the friends who went with us in order to protect their privacy.

Recipe:
He Said She Said, Noted Backgrounds & Life's a Jungle stamp sets
Expedition & Grace Level 2 papers
Outdoor Denim, Desert Sand & Bamboo cardstock
Outdoor Denim, Desert Sand, Bamboo, Olive, Chocolate & Greg Wool ink
Outdoor Denim & Olive markers
DE Framed Fun & Hearts
Outdoor Denim brads
3-D foam tape

***If you are participating in the 52 Layouts Challenge, please use the link below to link your layout to this post. You have until Friday at 11:59PM PST to post your week 22 layout. The link will allow you to post a title and thumbnail that link to your site, where we can see the layout in all its glory! Note: please do not post from a password protected site that will require us to input a password before viewing.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

http://ownerofchanel.blogspot.com/2011/04/epcot-22.html

Cheryl Even said...

Michelle, I know you had your layout posted well before the deadline, so I linked a thumbnail to your blog!

Chanel's Owner aka Michelle said...

thanks! trying to get 52 done before i have hand surgery and cant scrap for a while!