Wednesday, May 25, 2022

Date Night Layout

When I was planning this layout, I thought I had two photos, the candid one my hubby snapped of our friends with the huge dessert we had just ordered, plus a professional one we purchased from the restaurant photographer. However, when I pulled out the professional one, the date was two years off, so I guess I will be scrapping that in the future! Anyway, I ended up searching out a sketch and using some brand new papers along with some seriously old supplies, and I hope you enjoy what I created.


The photo is actually popped up with foam tape, allowing me to create a pocket for my journaling card:

Recipe:
This Happened & Diverse Backgrounds stamp sets
Newsprint stamp set (SU)
Fresh Paint papers
Kraft & White Daisy cardstock
Capri, Candy Apple, Nectarine & Black ink
Fineliner pen (iBayam)
ShinHan Touch Twin marker
Candy Apple striped ribbon
Black organdy ribbon (from my stash, source unknown)
DE Hearts chipboard
Summer chipboard (DCWV)
Craft buttons (from my stash, source unknown)
Autumn Terracotta embroidery floss
Stargazer and Black & White enamel dots
3-d foam tape
Scalloped border punch (Fiskars)
Mini flower punch (EK Success)
Cricut Art Philosophy cartridge: tag, flowers
Pattern: Sketch-n-Scrap 10th Birthday Bash Sketch #1

Challenges: Heart 2 Heart Splatter It (the patterned paper already had some splatter, but I added more using two stamp sets); Color My Heart #497 (I used the Fresh Paint paper collection that includes all the colors, plus I added kraft cardstock, so the only color I didn't include was gold!)

9 comments:

Suzanne Reynolds said...

Lovely combination of old and new patterned papers for such a special time. Love the embellishments and pocket for your journal. Thanks for sharing with us at Color Dare.

Debi said...

What a FUN layout! Your rendition of the sketch is spot on! Thanks for sharing at Color Dare.

Alyson Mayo said...

Look at the size of that dessert against their faces! Great layout design and colours. Thanks for sharing with us at Colour Dare :)

Deanna said...

Love the mix of patterned papers and great take on the sketch! Thanks so much for joining us at Sketch N Scrap! :)

Cat Nowak said...

Love how you used the fresh paint papers for this layout. Wonderful take on the sketch. Thank you for joining us at Color Dare!

Susan Renshaw said...

Love your design! Thanks for sharing with Color Dare!

Tammy Folk said...

Lovin' all the patterned paper choices on this!! Love seeing the ribbon too! It works perfectly with this layout! Great job with the sketch as well. Thanks for playing along with us at Sketch N Scrap this month.

Brandi said...

Fresh Paint is perfect for all things splatter! What a fun date night layout, I love it! Thanks for playing along with Heart 2 Heart Challenges (H2H).

Brandi R.
DT member H2H
crzy4scrapbooking.blogspot.ca

Savyakala by Asha said...

beautiful layout. thank you for sharing with color dare