Monday, May 9, 2022

EMS Sketch Challenge 102 + Daddy's Duds Layout

I needed a design for these cute pictures of my kids trying on their dad's suit coat, so I whipped up a sketch featuring two uncropped 4" x 6" photos and lots of banners. This layout actually moved me a little out of my comfort zone with mixed media (used a spray pen and purple ink to mist the base cardstock under the vellum, and painted the wooden hearts white), some stitching (not my forte), and the very restrained color scheme, but I love how it turned out! If you would like to play along with the sketch challenge, feel free to adapt it for your photos, and please post a link to your completed layout in the comments section below.

The sketch:

My layout:

Recipe:
Sweetheart, Snowhaven & Jeepers Creepers papers
Color Kaleidoscope papers (American Crafts)
Violet Daisies Vellum (American Crafts)
Black, Gypsy & White Daisy cardstock
Black & Gypsy ink
Just Blooms paper flowers
Craft buttons
Black striped grosgrain ribbon
Wood Hearts
Black embroidery floss
White paint
Spray pen
Cricut Art Philosophy cartridge: banners, arrow (edited in Cricut Design Space)
Cricut Design Space: title using Cooper Black font
Challenges: Color My Heart Color Dare #495 Black and White + 1 color (I chose shades of purple); Scrap With Stacy May Tic Tac Toe (I used the top row across with Stitching + Mixed Media + Two word title and the diagonal with Stitching + ribbon + wood)

6 comments:

Alyson Mayo said...

Love the purple background. Stepping out of our comfort zones is a good thing every now and then. Thanks for sharing with us at Colour Dare :)

Melanie R said...

Such a fun scrapbook page, Cheryl! The photos are special and I love that you used purple for the challenge color. Thank you for playing along with us at Color My Heart Color Dare #495.

Cat Nowak said...

What a fun memory to scrapbook! Love the purple as it is my favorite! Thank you for joining us at Color Dare!

Debi said...

So fun! I love that purple is your focus color with the black & white being the accent colors. Thanks for sharing at Color Dare.

Susan Renshaw said...

Love the purple!
Thanks for sharing with Color Dare!

Savyakala by Asha said...

it's beautiful. thanks for sharing with color dare