Friday, May 13, 2022

Bee Birthday Card

I needed to make my hubby a birthday card but didn’t have a clue where to start, so I pulled inspiration from a couple of challenges that helped me decide on the bee theme and the tic tac toe board. I was in the car a lot today, so I used the time to dream about how I wanted the card to look, then I got home and was able to assemble it in an hour! The sketch from Sketch-n-Scrap really helped pull together the elements I wanted to include, and my hubby loved the finished product.

Recipe:
A Game & Happy Birthday stamp sets
Buzz & Bumble papers
Kraft, Goldrush, Almond & Fern cardstock
Goldrush, Cocoa & Fern ink
Gold rush marker
Buzz & Bumble wooden bees
Natural hemp
Green epoxy bubbles
Cuttlebug Swiss Dot embossing folder
Cricut Artistry cartridge: banner, honey
Cricut Art Philosophy cartridge: flowers
Pattern: Sketch-n-Scrap card sketch #217

Challenges: Cut It Up #251 Any Animal or Insect (bees);  Festive Friday #109 (used flowers + bees + embossing + honey + twine)

Tic Tac Toe Challenge #161 (used the top row across with layers + game + embossing and the left column with layers + bow + floral)

8 comments:

Tammy Folk said...

What an absolutely adorable card!! I love it! Super cute papers and embellishments too! Thanks for playing along with us this month at Sketch N Scrap!

Crafts in the Command Center said...

This is so clever! I love the bee/honey reference as well as the tic-tac-toe board. So cute! Thanks for joining the challenge at Sketch n Scrap. I love the card! Very creative. Dorlene DT SNS

Ann Schach said...

Oh, Cheryl! Your card is so adorable. The bee paper is perfect for our challenge. I LOVE all of the details and this layout. I am so glad you played at Festive Friday this week!

Stephanie Lanzalotto said...

Fabulous way to use the inspiration from each challenge to come up with your awesome card. No wonder your husband loved it. I surely do! Thanks so much for playing with us at Festive Friday.

Jaydee said...

I, too, look to challenges for inspiration when I'm a little stuck - so glad you found some at Festive Friday! I love this sentiment and your fabulous bee paper. I bet your honey loved his card!
jaydee

Diane Evans said...

Wow, I love how you used all the challenges to make this card, I love the Tic Tac Toe element in the card. So glad you played along with us for the Festive Friday Challenge.

Helen Jennings said...

I love that Bee paper. The different texture in your card is great. Thank you for joining us at the Festive Friday Challenge this week

Sura said...

Beautiful card!
Thanks for joining us at Sketch N Scrap.
Surama