Wednesday, September 14, 2022

Adrian's Sweet Life Layout

Lasting Memories is trying to take us scrapbookers out of our comfort zones this month by asking us to scrap something in a different style than our usual, and one of the challenges involved using a color we dislike or find difficult to use. Because I'm pretty comfortable with most colors of the spectrum, I've been slow to attempt this, but I started thinking about this color Harbour that CTMH came out with last year.

Even though I ordered a couple of sheets of cardstock in Harbour, I could never decide whether it's a blue or green shade and how it should be combined with other colors, so my cardstock sat unused until I forced myself to take it out and put it to work on a layout. I ended up using the lighter side as my background and title letters and the darker side for the wavy strip and the game controller. Although I still can't tell you whether it's green or blue, it's definitely grown on me, so thank you to Lasting Memories for your fun challenge!

Recipe:
These Are My People papers
Building Blocks Background papers (Scrapbook Customs)
Harbour, Green Apple, Raspberry, Pixie, Toffee , Sundance & Colonial White cardstock
Green Apple, Raspberry, Pixie & Toffee ink
Crisp Air enamel shapes
Cricut Artiste cartridge: scalloped border
Cricut Artistry cartridge: container, ice cream, flower
Cricut You Are Here cartridge: game controller
Pattern: EMS Sketch Challenge #88 (left side only)

Challenges: Lasting Memories #615 Out of Your Comfort Zone - Colors;  Use Your Stuff #466 Food and/or Drink

4 comments:

Lori said...

Your layout is beautiful, Cheryl! It is hard to tell what color that is...maybe just call it blue-green! Whatever it is it looks great on your layout! Thanks so much for playing along with us at Lasting Memories!

Deanne Saunders said...

I love your scrapbook page!!! Awesome!! Thanks so much for participating in our USE YOUR STUFF challenge!!! I appreciate that you play along and I enjoy visiting your blog!! Have a happy crafty day!!
Deanne at A Little Bit O’ Paper

Haven_mom4 said...

Definitely a sweet life. Love how you combined all the elements into your top cluster. Thanks for sharing with us at Use Your Stuff

Sandy Ross said...

Another fabulous layout and I am so glad that we got you out of your comfort zone! Love the colour! Thanks for playing along with Lasting Memories Layout Challenges!