Thursday, October 13, 2022

Defense Layout

Since I didn't have the perfect patterned papers for this layout. I decided to pull out a bunch of stamps to create a background. The only pieces of patterned paper are the dark blue strips like the one under the title; the rest of the patterns are stamped on cardstock in various colors of ink. I also backed some clear buttons with stamped images or patterns to add some extra dimension to the layout, and now I'm wondering if I should have put embroidery floss bows through the patterned ones. Oh well, at least it's finished, and I can always add the floss later, right?

Recipe:
Background Builders, Noted Backgrounds, Spot On Backgrounds & Play Hard - Soccer stamp sets
Sapphire textured cardstock
Bluebird, Carolina, Pebble, Grey Wool & White Daisy cardstock
Bluebird, Carolina, Pewter, Greg Wool & Sapphire ink
Fineliner pen (iBayam)
Clear craft buttons
Enamel stars
Clipboard (Rob & Bob Studios)
Ribbon (scraps from my stash, source unknown)
Liquid Glass
Cricut Artbooking cartridge: title, star
Pattern: EMS Sketch Challenge 69 (I'm also playing along with a challenge over at Scrapbook.com to use the same sketch 5 times, so you will be seeing this sketch again this month!)

Challenges: Heart 2 Heart Technique challenge: create a cool background; Lasting Memories #619 Mood Board/Color inspiration (I used a range of blues and greys)

5 comments:

Brandi said...

Fabulous layout, I love it! I love how stamps will help when you dont have just the right items for your pages, this is why I love my stamp collection!

I love this, what a great card! Thanks for playing along with Heart 2 Heart Challenges (H2H).

Brandi R.
DT member H2H
crzy4scrapbooking.blogspot.ca


Tanya said...

Great use of stamps!! I love that little clipboard! So fun!

Brandi Jo said...

Great work with the blue/grey color palette! Thanks for sharing with us at Lasting Memories!

Sandy Ross said...

Love your use of the stamps to create your own patterned paper! Great sports layout with the colour challenge! Thanks for playing along with us at Lasting Memories Layout Challenges!

Cat Nowak said...

Love that you created your own pattern paper for your layout! thank you for joining us at Hear 2 Heart.