Friday, March 31, 2023

Sympathy Card

I only had an hour and a half to make this card this morning before heading off to a funeral, so I quickly checked out a few crafty challenges for inspiration. Usually it takes me three to four hours to complete a card because I second guess myself over and over, but today, partly because of the great inspiration and partly because of the time crunch, I completed it in record time. I just had a moment to snap a photo of it before I left, and here it is!

Recipe:
Words of Comfort & Best Wishes stamp sets
Sweetheart papers
Black & Colonial White cardstock
Baby Pink, Cotton Candy, Black & Versamark ink
White gel pen (Sakura)
Gold embossing powder
Paper Flowers (Recollections)
Flutter Just Blooms paper shapes
Licorice Opaques pearls
Cricut Artistry cartridge: frame
Pattern: Sketch-n-Scrap card sketch #237

Challenges: Tic Tac Toe Challenges #202 (used the top row with gold + butterfly + die cut)

Inkspirational Challenges #286 Mood Board (inspired by the pink flowers and the white window frame in the upper left corner)

3 comments:

ElizStewart said...

Cheryl... this is a beautiful sympathy card. Thanks so much for joining and sharing at Tic Tac Toe this week.

Lisa in Texas said...

What a beautiful card! I love all the ways you added texture to it! Thanks for joining us at Sketch N Scrap!

Pia S said...

It's very effective with the black card base, it gives your design a dramatic and elegant look. Thanks for sharing with us at INKspirational!