Sunday, August 21, 2016

Coolin' Off Layout

For someone who doesn't even like the beach, I sure am scrapping lots of beach layouts this summer! My hubby usually takes the kids to the beach so I don't have to deal with all the sand, so I still get to scrapbook beach photos. For the layout design, the sketch had the pennant on the left, but I switched it to the other side so it wouldn't cover up the surfer on the patterned paper. Instead of journaling on the pennant, I added another photo and some embellishments, and the wave overlay lifts up to reveal hidden journaling underneath. I haven't used Liquid Glass in ages, but adding some to the die-cut surfboard gave it a nice, shiny effect like a real board.
Recipe:
Surf's Up Level 2 papers
Crystal Blue, Saffron, Sorbet, Surf's Up Teal & White Daisy cardstock
Crystal Blue & Saffron ink
Hemp
Hopscotch Assortment Flair
Junebug Puffies sticker (flowers)
Liquid Glass
Cricut Artbooking cartridge: title, pennant, wave overlay, surfboard
Pattern: Scrapbook Challenges Sizzlin' Summer Sketch 10
Challenges: Lasting Memories Summer Nights inspiration (I was inspired by the pinks and blues in the photo, so I picked papers that featured those colors).

4 comments:

kate blue said...

awesome idea to add your journaling in a hidden way! Great take on our sketch and great to add the journaling strip at the bottom! Kate (SBC)

Lori said...

Fantastic layout! Love the papers and I love your take on the sketch! Thanks so much for sharing with us at SBC!

Haven_mom4 said...

Nice take on the challenge and thanks for joining us at lasting memories

Sandy Ross said...

Fabulous beach layout...you rocked the Summer Nights challenge at Lasting Memories...thanks for playing along.