Sunday, August 28, 2016

Family Always & Forever Layout

After a long hiatus, the Picture This challenge blog is back, so I really wanted to jump in and participate in at least one of their challenges this month. I decided to go with the Not So Picture Perfect challenge, because this photo of my family certainly fits the bill! In fact, it was a deciding factor in getting a new camera, since all the photos from this weekend, including my brother's wedding, turned out grainy and overexposed. I was so bummed, but I really wanted to scrapbook a photo of my family with two of my sibling and my parents, so I overlooked the poor picture quality and the fact that my dad is scowling, and used it anyway!
Recipe:
Family Ties - Adults, Family Ties - Children & Alphabet Solos "F" stamp sets
Brushed & Lollydoodle Level 2 papers
Pixie, Thistle & White Daisy cardstock
Black pigment ink
Canary, Pixie, Thistle, Juniper & Lagooon ink
Black marker
Aqua Dots
Junebug Puffies stickers
Lagoon washi tape
Watercolor pencils (Prismacolor)
Cricut Artbooking cartridge: title
Cricut Art Philosophy cartridge: flowers
Pattern: Sketches in Thyme #213
Challenges: Lasting Memories add an image you color to your layout - the family grouping at the bottom is all stamped and they took me a long time to color, but it was fun to do.

16 comments:

Lori said...

I love the colors you used on the beautiful layout - so pretty! Love your take on the sketch! Thanks so much for joining us at Sketches In Thyme!

blbabe1234 said...

This is beautiful! I'm in love with that awesome family border strip with all the words. The colors are fabulous! Thanks so much for sharing with us over at Sketches in Thyme!

Raechelle Bellus said...

It's a wonderful photo and I am so glad you jumped in on this challenge to scrap it! The people along the bottom are cute. Thanks for sharing with us at Picture This!

Casandra Bennett said...

What a cute way to commemorate such a fun family photo!

Unknown said...

This is so adorable! I love the color scheme, the bottom border of adorable little people, and your layering! Fantastic job! Thanks so much for joining us at Picture This, I look forward to seeing more of your work in the future!

JenniferE said...

Great LO! Love the photo, from here it doesn't look as bad as your saying! At least most of your family is there! Love the title and flowers and colors!

Unknown said...

Cheryl, what a cute layout! I love the border you stamped and colored of all the family members! Thank you so much for sharing at Picture This and we hope you will continue to join in the fun each month on the 1st and 15th!

Emzascrapper said...

This really captures family, and it's so hard to get that perfect 'family' shot is it not! Thanks for playing along with us at PictureThis!

Michele said...

Awww... your stamped family and coloring is so cute! Love it! The effort was worth it! Thanks so much for joining us at Lasting Memories this month. :)

Arianna said...

Well done, this photo deserved to be in a scrapbook page! What's important is the memory, not that the photo is flawless!!
The stamps with people are very nice and all the colors are so well balanced!!
Thank you for joining us at Picture This!

Christine Beuzit said...

What a shame it would have been not to scrap that photo! I like your layout as well as the story and the particular moment your page tells... Thanks for joining us @PT. I hope to discover some other pages from you in our next challenges!

Unknown said...

It looks so sweet! Lovely family! Love your family stamped and coloring.Thank you for play with Picture This!

Unknown said...

Wonderful page!Sweet and warm family photo.Thanks for joining us at Picture This!

Anonymous said...

Lovely page! I like the colours and layers! Thank you for joining us at Picture This! challenges.

Sharon said...

I love that you used a picture that you didn't think was perfect. I have lots of those. Love the happy paper and the fun layout that you did. Thanks for joining us at Sketches In Thyme.

cin2273 said...

Love the layout!