Wednesday, August 29, 2018

Biking Yosemite Layout

I was debating what sketch to use for these last photos from Yosemite 2012 when I noticed that the circle in the background of the sketch from The Studio Challenges reminded me of a bicycle wheel. That clinched it, of course, and I was able to find a wheel die-cut on one of my Cricut cartidges, so there was the basis of my layout. The little bicycle die-cut from the Cricut You Are Here cartridge is super cute, but I added some Red Stickles on the handles and chain guard for a shiny look. Since I'm not an real outdoorsy person, I had to include the "enjoy the ride" stamp to remind me that sometimes, when you're in the right place with the right people, the ride can be enjoyable!


Recipe:
Neighborhood & It's Your Day stamp sets
Twitterpated papers
Dutch Blue, Whisper, Grey Wool, Chocolate, Colonial White, Cashmere, Tulip & Black cardstock
Dutch Blue, Chocolate, Greg Wool & Black ink
Silver mini-brad
Xmas Red Stickles (Ranger)
Cricut Art Philosophy cartridge: hearts, banners
Cricut Artiste cartridge: wheel (trimmed some of the inner sections off the Ferris wheel cut)
Cricut Artbooking cartridge: hearts
Cricut You Are Here cartridge: bike, trail marker
Cricut Design Space: title using Cricut Alphabet
Challenges: Lasting Memories Transportation - bikes

2 comments:

Deanna said...

Wonderful design and I like that cute little bike! Thanks so much for playing along with us at Lasting Memories! :)

Anonymous said...

What a great layout - I really love how you worked with our sketch! The addition of the red hearts looks so good - it makes your whole layout pop!
Thanks for playing along with us at The Studio!