Tuesday, August 7, 2018

Parson's Lodge Layout

I was playing along with an interesting challenge from Scrapbook.com to use 92% pink and/or green on your layout. I know 92% sounds like a weird number, but it's because August 3rd was Watermelon Day, and watermelons contain 92% water, ergo the challenge. Obviously I went with the green part of the challenge for these Yosemite pictures. I'm not sure I used exactly 92%, but if not, it's close!
And here's the facing page with a pull-out journaling card to contain my memories of this hike:
And here's the journaling card (based on sketch 107 from Sketches in Thyme PL Style):
And finally, a couple of pictures from the other side of the pocket page, showing Parson's Lodge and my son near the trout-filled lake:

Recipe:
Pen Pal Alphabet & Pack Your Bags stamp sets
Back Country, Lucky, Mistletoe & Rustic Trail papers
Garden Green, New England Ivy & Bamboo cardstock
Olive & New England Ivy ink
Olive marker
Back Country & Rustic Trail My Stickease
Cricut Art Philosophy cartridge: scalloped border
Pattern: Sketch Savvy #60
Challenges: Heart 2 Heart Lovely Layers ( I had a great time layering all these ancient CTMH papers and My Stickease - I counted 5 layers under the tree sticker!)

2 comments:

Laurie Levorson said...

Very nice layout! Your cluster of embellishments is very well done. I love it when I can use up older things from my stash too. Thanks for sharing at Heart 2 Heart!

~Michelle said...

What a great layout! Loved that paper when it first came out! Love how you used it!

Thanks for playing along with H2H!