Thursday, August 9, 2018

Parking Lot Pals Layout

Lasting Memories Blog will be hosting challenges about transportation all month, and I've been racking my brains to figure out how to play along using my Yosemite pictures. When I came to these photos of deer grazing in the parking lot at Curry Village, I knew I was onto something! I die-cut the deer and cars to create little scenes reflecting our encounter with nature in the midst of civilization.
The sketch I used didn't have much space for journaling, so I included some hidden journaling in a pocket under the deer pictures on the right hand page. For a music challenge at Scrapbook.com, I used lyrics from the song Big Yellow Taxi on my journaling ("they paved paradise and put up a parking lot"), so it seemed appropriate to make one of the cars in my parking lot a taxi! Also in keeping with this theme, the horizontal lines in the title represent parking spaces.
Recipe:
Love Right Now, It's Your Day & This & That stamp sets
Mayberry papers
Cocoa, Desert Sand, Sky, Olive, Cashmere, Black & Colonial White cardstock
White Daisy textured cardstock
Cocoa, Desert Sand, Honey, Smoothie, Cashmere & Olive ink
Olive marker
Honey Triangles washi tape
Licorice Opaques pearls
Cocoa grosgrain ribbon
Small heart punch (EK Success)
Cricut You Are Here cartridge: deer, taxi, car
Cricut Artiste cartridge: title
Cricut Artistry cartridge: pocket
Cricut Art Philosophy cartridge: large hearts, scalloped border
Cricut Artbooking cartridge: arrows
Pattern: Scrapbook.com August 2018 2 Page sketch challenge
Challenges: Lasting Memories cars challenge; Fantabulous Cricut Challenge anything goes (used quite a few cartridges on this layout!); Use Your Stuff triangles challenge (the triangles are on the yellow washi tape - you may have to click on the picture because they're kinda hard to see)

8 comments:

Deanna said...

I like how you were able to incorporate the deer photos with the 'car' challenge! It's a wonderful 2-page design. Thanks so much for playing along with us at Lasting Memories! :)

Penny Light/Light Whimsy said...

Wow, this is a fantastic layout of color and subject. The deer is adorable, but I love how you incorporated all the other things like the cars and the colors that related to the pictures! WELL DONE! Thanks for sharing your talent at Fantabulous Cricut.

Tina Campbell said...

Good interpretation of the challenge over at Lasting Memories challenge blog :) and love the little touch of the triangle washi tape to draw your eye to the photos for the Use Your Stuff challenge. Good use of product too :) I think I need to get my Mayberry paper collection out and play with it :)
Thank you for playing along with us over at Use Your Stuff blog and over at Lasting Memories too
Tina-DT

Diana Lynn Martin said...

This is such an awesome layout! I love how you showcased all the deer photos so beautifully! Thank you for joining us at FCCB!

Diana ♥
Leelee Card Designs
FCCB Design Team

Cynthia said...

Such a creative way to use the sketch and the challenges! Thanks for sharing at FCCB this week!

Cynthia, DT

Sandy Ross said...

Amazing layout and photos. Love the hidden journaling idea! Fabulous adding the car for our challenge to your layout! Thanks for playing along at Lasting Memories Layout Challenges!!!

Karla Yungwirth said...

Thanks for sharing such a beautiful layout, and congrats on your win for the FCCB challenge!!
Hugs, DT Karla

Natalie Dill said...

Great page! I love that hidden journaling! thanks for playing at Lasting Memories!