Friday, August 24, 2018

Unicorn Birthday Card

My daughter was invited to a unicorn-themed birthday party this week, so I whipped up a quick card to put on the gift. I have purchased a few cute and girly paper packs over the years, but because I did not have a daughter for so long, I haven't used very many of them, so I pulled out magical looking papers from the Daydream pack. I didn't have a unicorn die-cut in any of my Cricut cartridges (something that will have to be remedied immediately!), so I used a horse and added a horn using Diamond Stickles. The horn didn't show up well on my photo of the whole card, so I added a close-up shot.

Recipe:
Chantilly Cardmaking Workshop stamp set
Daydream papers
Blush, Pansy & White Daisy cardstock
Blush, Lilac Mist & Black ink
Black marker
Diamond Stickles (Ranger)
Cricut Noah's ABC Animals cartridge: horse
Pattern: Atlantic Hearts Sketch 278
Challenges: Heart 2 Heart Cuteness Overload challenge (What could be cuter than unicorns and glitter, right? Okay, maybe children and cats, but it's a close call!)

6 comments:

Linda Anderson said...

Oh my goodness, this is sooooooo adorable!!!!! Love, love, love your unicorn. Thanks for joining us at Atlantic Hearts Sketch Challenge.

Christine said...

Thank you for playing along with the Atlantic Hearts Sketch Challenge and sharing this magical card. Love the unicorn horn added in stickles. The shimmer adds to the charm. Wishing you and yours a happy celebration!
Blessings,
Christine
DT Member
https://withaverygratefulheart.blogspot.com

foleysfriend said...

So super clever of you in creating that elusive unicorn! Really a lovely birthday card. Thanks for joining us at The Merry Christmas Challenge.

sue n.

Linda Norman said...

Great creativity to use a horse to make a unicorn! I had this paper back in the day! It is really pretty! beautiful card! Thank you for playing along with the Atlantic Hearts Sketch Challenge!
Linda
DT Member
www.scrappytherapy.com

~Michelle said...

What a great way to create a unicorn! Adorable card!!

Thanks for playing along with H2H!

Laurie Levorson said...

This really is a cute card! Thanks for sharing at Heart 2 Heart!