Monday, August 6, 2018

Wild & Scenic River Ranger Walk Layout

When looking at this group of pictures, I felt like I had too many for one layout but too few for two layouts, so I compromised by creating a layout featuring a few pictures and putting the rest into a pocket page. This allowed me to use quite a few of my Jackson journaling cards, and it challenged my brain with how to lay them out and add journaling! I posted the finished layout first and then the pocket page, but in my scrapbook, the pocket page will actually be inserted between the two layout pages.

Recipe:
Jackson papers & PML journaling cards
Glacier & Barn Red cardstock
Glacier, Juniper, Barn Red & Cocoa ink
Barn Red marker
My Crush Wildwood Assortment journaling cards & stickers
Timberline Assortment wooden shapes (ranger, bear)
Trinkets Wooden shapes (heart, butterfly, bird, flower)
Lagoon check & woodgrain washi tape
Pattern: Stick It Down August double sketch
Challenges: Heart 2 Heart Duly Noted challenge (I had taken lots of notes about our hike at the time, so I was able to include lots of journaling on the PML cards and a little on the right hand page.)

11 comments:

Brandi said...

I love it! I loved Jackson, one of my paper packs. Thanks for playing along with Heart 2 Heart Challenges (H2H).

Brandi R.
DT member H2H
crzy4scrapbooking.blogspot.ca

Alyson Mayo said...

Awesome layout to showcase a great hike. Thanks for sharing with us at Heart 2 Heart.

Colleen said...

What a great idea and love all the photos it sure tells the story. Thanks for playing along with us at Stick it Down.

Colleen--DT for SID
http://scrappingranny-colleen.blogspot.com/

Tina Campbell said...

This is such a cool layout and love this paper collection too (I have it and I guess I need to use it!)I like that you used the pocket page with the layout this is something I've been wanting to do and have yet to do it so this just inspired me on how to do some :) Thanks for playing along with us over at Stick It Down blog
Tina-DT

Laurie Levorson said...

Great layout with great retired paper (sigh). You did a wonderful job with the companion pocket page too. Thanks for sharing at Heart 2 Heart!

Carmen Crosseti Cohen-Henriquez said...

Lve it! Great pages! Thanks for joining us at SID

CathQuillScrap said...

Lovely layouts... Thanks so much for playing along with us at Stick It Down

StacyB said...

I love to scrapbook using a combination of PL style pages (for all my photos) and traditional pages. This is the perfect way to showcase all of your gorgeous photos. Thanks for playing along with us at Stick it Down. Stacy B, DT (single page layouts) for Stick it Down

Shannon said...

Great way to showcase your photos!! Thanks for playing along at Stick it Down!

Antonia said...

Fantastic layout, I love the colour choice, it matches the theme perfectly! Thanks for joining us at Stick It Down!

Lauren said...

Beautiful layout! I love these colors - it really gives an outdoorsy feel. Thanks for joining us at Stick it Down!
Lauren
Stick it Down DT