Tuesday, December 3, 2019

Christmas Lights Card

I'm busy designing Christmas cards for a class I'm teaching on Saturday at church, so here's another one. I started with a sketch from Stick It Down because I was intrigued by the ribbon strips across it. I first thought of using banners to highlight some of the phrases on the stamp I chose, but couldn't get it to look quite right, so I ditched that idea and came up with the strands of Christmas lights. My family never uses just one color of Christmas lights on the house or our tree, but I thought it looked better on the card!
Recipe:
Poster Tidings & Santa Claus stamp sets
Mistletoe paper
Cranberry, Garden Green, Black & White Daisy cardstock
New England Ivy, Cranberry & Black ink
Black marker
Silver & Xmas Red Stickles (Ranger)
Cricut Artistry cartridge: strings of lights
Cricut Artiste cartridge: ornaments
Pattern: Stick It Down December 2019 card sketch

Challenges: Retro Rubber Challenge Blog #125 - used Poster Tidings (2013) & Santa Claus (2013)

12 comments:

Willa Jean said...

Love your card! How did you get an even inked image? I have recently tried using my misti and that helped some.

https://seaviewscrapping.blogspot.com/ said...

This is such a lovely card!! Your colors are all spot on, and your little lights are PERFECT! Someone will be so lucky to receive this. :-) Thank you for joining us at Stick It Down--Sharon DT

Colleen said...

Fun card.. thanks for playing along with us at Stick it Down.

Colleen

Cheryl Even said...

Willa Jean, getting an evenly inked image was not easy! I just kept inking up the stamp until I couldn't see any blank spots, and then stamped down on the paper (using a foam mat underneath). The paper kinda stuck to the stamp when I lifted it up, so I turned it over and pressed the paper into the stamp with my fingers. I actually tried it on scratch paper first to be sure the stamp would give a good impression, so I think that helped get lots of ink on it. HTH!

Jan Clothier said...

The Christmas lights make a great addition to that lovely word stamp. The patterned paper you've used links in so nicely with the stamping colours. Thank you for playing along with us at Retro Rubber Challenge.

Neva Cole said...

Just wow! Love the string of lights and how you interpreted the sketch challenge and incorporated our color challenge. Thanks for joining us at Retro Rubber for Challenge 125, please play along with us after the new year!

MJ's Kraze said...

Love the idea of the strung lights. Such a pretty card. Thanks for playing along at Stick It Down.
Mandi, card DT.

LeAnne said...

I LOVE this image...I have it and haven't inked it up for a while!!! It is so cute with all the "lights"...very clever and great way to interpret the sketch! Thanks for sharing this with us this week at Retro Rubber!

creative lady said...

Love your card, love your take on the sketch and how you used the colors in the Retro Rubber Challenge. Thanks for joining Retro Rubber Challenge Blog.

Claire Grantham said...

What a wonderful card, I love the stamp, so wonderful. I love the little strands, a perfect way to finish your card. Thanks for playing along with us at Retro Rubber - Happy Holidays. Claire DT

Monica Maier said...

I have this stamp too, its one of my fave. I love the way you used it for the sketch! Thanks for playing with us at Stick it Down!

Monica- Card DT
https://monicascraftcorner.blogspot.com/2019/12/dec-sid-winter-wishes.html

Leslie said...

Thanks for sharing your awesome card with us in the Stick It Down December Card Sketch challenge and we hope to see you again next month!
Hugs,
Leslie, SID Card Team
Love To Scrap 2