Monday, December 2, 2019

Peace on Earth Christmas Card

I've been busy creating cards for my cardmaking class this Saturday at church, and I thought I would share! For this one, I pulled out some Nativity stamps and created a little scene. I'm going to have some novice stampers at the class, so I didn't want to overwhelm them with techniques, but I thought they could probably handle the little bit of heat embossing required to do the star! I'm trying to keep the cost down so I used older products that I already had in my stash.
Recipe:
Glory to God & Everlasting Life stamps
Kraft & Pacifica cardstock
Vellum
Chocolate, Pacifica, Black, Bamboo & Versamark ink
Gold embossing powder
Gold ribbon (from my stash, source unknown)
Gold Stickles (Ranger)
Pattern: Atlantic Hearts #345 (my vertical strip doesn't go all the way down because my sentiment is too big)

4 comments:

Granmargaret said...

Lovely card

Brandi said...

Gorgeous! I love the detail of the stamped village behind the main stamped image. Thanks for playing along with Atlantic Hearts Sketch Challenge (AHSC).

Brandi R.
DT member AHSC
crzy4scrapbooking.blogspot.ca

Dena J said...

The scene is perfect with the back panel! Nicely done. As a new stamper I adored the magic of heat embossing. Still do😁 I'm sure they will love it. Thank you for joining us at AHSC this week.

pssmitty papercrafts said...

Love your card! This just happens to be some of my favorite stamps for Christmas cards too! Thanks for sharing with AHSC & Merry Christmas to you & yours!