Saturday, December 21, 2019

It's Christmas Time Layout

This is one of those layouts that evolved as I created it, so that the finished product is not that similar to the vision I had in mind when I started. There were several challenges I wanted to play along with, so that helped shape the process. For example, I wanted to participate in the Library Challenge with the Rupert cover (see below), but I had already scrapped our "getting the Christmas tree and bringing it home" photos, so I had to take it in a different direction. I added lavender to the traditional Christmas red and green because Bill Badger was wearing that color (as was my daughter), and I chose a yellow main title to go with the big yellow title. I added a tree, of course, and went with the plaid paper because of  the pattern on Rupert's trousers. Love playing along with challenges that inspire me to think outside the box, and I can't wait for a whole bunch of new ones in 2020!
In case you're wondering, I did take a photo of me in my funny hat,
but it's on the facing pocket page and will never be publicly posted - LOL!
Recipe:
Watercolor papers (Recollections)
Christmas Brights Plaid (Bo-Bunny)
Brenda Walton Peppermint Twist Large Holiday Trees Foil paper (K & Company)
Vellum
Ponderosa Pine, Black, Canary & White Daisy cardstock
Ponderosa Pine & Petal ink
Woodgrain & Honey Triangles washi tape
Gold star brads (Creative Impressions)
Xmas Red & Gold Stickles (Ranger)
Cricut Artistry cartridge: tree, string of lights, star ornament
Cricut Art Philosophy cartridge: title (green)
Cricut Artbooking cartridge: Christmas title
Pattern: Sketch-n-Scrap #191
Challenges: The Paper Girls #190 - Holiday Lights (since I scrapped our Christmas lights visit already, instead I made this layout more festive by adding a string of lights using leftovers from designing this card, which would have been perfect for the challenge!); The Library Challenge #48
Update: this layout was a Librarian's Choice over at the Library Challenge - yippee!

7 comments:

Marina said...

This is just perfect for the Rupert challenge - I do love how you've ticked all the boxes. It's a fabulous layout with a sense of happiness. Thanks for joining The Library. The new challenge at The Library is called 'anthology' - take inspiration from any book featured at The Library in the last two years. I hope there's something there to inspire you.

Lori said...

This is a great layout, Cheryl! Love the non-traditional colors mixed in with the traditional and great job making the challenge work for you. Great take on our sketch challenge, too! Thanks so much for sharing with us at Sketch N Scrap!

Lisa said...

Such a pretty layout!! I LOVE the purple, it is such a fun addition to your layout!! Thanks for joining us at Sketch N Scrap!

Chris C said...

Really beautiful Christmas page - love your tree! Thanks for joining us at Sketch N Scrap.

Deanna said...

I love the tree with the title! Thanks so much for joining us at Sketch N Scrap! ~Deanna :)

Sharon Fontenot said...

Wonderful layout! Just love that plaid paper. Everything is placed so perfectly! Sketch N Scrap appreciates your participation. Thank you for playing along.
Sharon Fontenot
higgledypiggledycrafts.blogspot.com/

Marina said...


This has been featured as a ‘Librarian’s Choice’. Thank you for sharing it at The Library.