Saturday, December 28, 2019

Christmas Tradition Layout

Our local fire department had a Christmas Day tradition of going to all the houses in the city and delivering little bags of treats. I've scrapped about this previously (see here), but on this layout I got to include pictures of the first time my two youngest children experienced this years old tradition. I played along with several challenges, including Scrapbook.com's Baker's Dozen challenge, in  which different people suggest an item until we have thirteen items, then everyone tries to incorporate all those items into a layout. I've included the list so see if you can find all thirteen!
1. Stars
2. Doily
3. Buttons
4. Tree
5. Cardboard
6. Gold Embellishment
7. Red
8. Glitter
9. Paint
10. Washi tape
11. Brads
12. Quote or quotation marks
13. Paper weaving

Recipe:
Paper Fundamentals Basic Assortment Black cardstock
Christmas Brights Plaid (Bo-Bunny)
Tree paper from my stash (source unknown)
New England Ivy, Tulip & White Daisy cardstock
New England Ivy & Tulip ink
Jeepers Creepers washi tape
Green craft buttons
Sunflower embroidery floss
Gold star brads (Creative Impressions)
Red Shimmer Trim
Glitter
White paint
Cuttlebug Winter Trees embossing folder
Cricut Art Philosophy cartridge: doily, banner, title
Pattern: Sketches in Thyme #399
Challenges: Heart 2 Heart Anything Goes Christmas Edition; The Studio Challenges Christmas Traditions

4 comments:

JenniferE said...

Cute LO! Love how you added all 13 elements....I didn't even look at that challenge! I've done nothing this month, sadly! I still need to lift one of your LOs.

Cat Nowak said...

Super cute layout! I love the dollies behind the photos.

Brandi said...

I love the circle doily behind the pictures and I love how you have your journaling strips, so cute. This is a great layout! Thanks for playing along with Heart 2 Heart Challenges (H2H).

Brandi R.
DT member H2H
crzy4scrapbooking.blogspot.ca

Michelle Mattie said...

What a great Christmas tradition. Thanks for joining us at The Studio Challenges!