Saturday, February 4, 2023

Bridal Shower Card for Kayla

The daughter of a friend of mine is getting married and I needed a card for her bridal shower, so I got to work designing something that would match the gift bag I am using. For some reason, my mojo wasn't exactly kicking in, so it took a long time, but in the end I discarded all my earlier ideas and went for something rather simple based on the current sketch from Try Stampin' on Tuesday. Here's my card:

And here's the sketch. I used flowers to create the half circle shape at the right end of the card

I also added the butterflies to represent the bride and groom. I was going to go with love birds but was inspired by the latest board from Tic-Tac-Toe Challenges to use butterflies instead. I used the column with die cuts + layers + butterfly.


My final inspiration was from Crafting Happiness' Love challenge, which prompted me to choose the sentiment "With Love," to both reflect the love the the happy couple and the love our family has for them! Here's the sentiment with the butterflies; I added some glitter to them using a clear shimmer brush.

Recipe:
Random Act of Cardness stamp set
Party Time paper
Sapphire, Raspberry, Nectarine & White Daisy cardstock
Sapphire, Raspberry, Nectarine & Flamingo ink
Black marker
ShinHan Touch Twin marker - Cherry Pink
Clear Shimmer Brush
Spring Blossom Just Blooms paper flowers
Craft buttons
Baby Pink embroidery floss
Sapphire baker's twine
Cricut Artistry cartridge: butterflies, sentiment shape

4 comments:

Donna Scholz said...

Cheryl, what fun to go to a bridal shower... your friend's daughter will love the card you made for her! Cute idea to use the buttons for the flower centers!! Thank you so much for sharing your card with us at Try Stampin' on Tuesday!!! -Donna

Polly said...

What a pretty card for a Bridal Shower! Love the butterflies and pretty flowers! :)

Dena J said...

Marvelous bold and warm colors for your card! Thank you for joining the sketch challenge at Try Stampin' On Tuesday.

Jeanette (Forest Ranger) said...

Your card is so pretty - great colors! Thank you for sharing your talent with us at Crafting Happiness Challenges!