Thursday, May 11, 2023

Mother's Day Card 2023

I'm super late creating my card for my mom this year, but hopefully it will get there in time! I started with a blank card base and used this technique to create a floral background. I'm not much of a mixed media gal, so this is probably as close as you will see me get. Once I created the background, I added some die cuts and patterned paper, but they weren't working for me, so I went back to the drawing board and found a card sketch from Stick It Down that I thought I could adapt for the word MOM. Part of me thinks I should have added a penned square around the letters to tie it all together, but I was too chicken, so I left it as is. I know my mom will love it no matter what, so that's what's important. 


Recipe:
Background Elements & Intrinsic Backgrounds (2010) stamp sets
Gypsy, Lagoon, Sunset, Black & White Daisy cardstock
Gypsy & Lagoon ink
Black marker
Mocha Opaques pearls
Black button
Lagoon baker's twine
Heart stencil (Scrapbook.com)
Cricut Wall Decor & More cartridge: MOM
Cricut Art Philosophy cartridge: butterfly, daisies, hearts
Small flower punches (EK Success)
Pattern: Stick It Down May 2023 card sketch

A bunch of challenge blogs had a flower theme this month, so FYI: I was also inspired by the new purple and white daisies we planted last Saturday. They look fuchsia in the photo, but they're really more purple.

Challenges: Allsorts #727 April Showers bring May Flowers; Crafter's Cafe #296 Easter and/or Flowers (I went with flowers); Crafting Happiness #142 Flowers; Little Red Wagon #704 Spring Flower; Retro Rubber Challenge Blog #206 Tic-Tac-Toe  (use the middle column down with stencil + flowers + ribbon/twine)



8 comments:

brenda said...

It's a beautiful card for tour Mum and shire she will love it, perfect for our Showers/Flowers option at Allsorts challenge this week, many thanks for joining in.

B x

Rainey's Craft Room said...

A lovely floral design and card. Thanks for sharing with us at Allsorts this week.
Lorraine

Heather said...

What a pretty design for those fancy letters, Cheryl - and purple is my fave! I'm sure your mom will love this! Thanks so much for playing at Retro Rubber!

Brenda said...

Hi Cheryl, Iʻm so glad you decided to share your card with us over at LRW. Itʻs wonderful! I love the colors (I guess we have painted daisies in common) and the lovely textural feel of your background. Iʻm so impressed with the way all of your elements are so beautifully balanced tho they are asymmetrical, an absolutely amazing design. Thanks so much for sharing with us over at Little Red Wagon!

Brandi Jo said...

What a beautiful card! I love the flourishes on the alphas. Thanks for sharing at Stick it Down!

https://seaviewscrapping.blogspot.com/ said...

What a beautiful card for your Mom. You did a wonderful job with the sketch and your colors are perfect. :) Thanks for joining Stick It Down

MJ's Kraze said...

I love your take on the card sketch. I am also loving the embellishments thatused to draw attention to "MOM".
Thanks for playing along at Stick It Down.
Mandi, card DT

Attic Inspired Crafter said...

Love your momma's day card! Creative way to use this month's sketch! Sherry DT~