Monday, May 1, 2023

EMS Sketch Challenge #110 - The (not so) Secret Life of Pets Layout

Happy May! I was invited to be a guest designer for the Park Hopping - My Happy Place blog this month, so I decided to combine their fun challenge with a new sketch. First up, here's the sketch. I created it with space for three photos, or you could combine the two smaller photos as I did and use a 5" x 7" picture.

And here's my theme park inspired photo. I've only created theme park layouts for Park Hopping's challenge so far, but I couldn't resist using these pictures of the dogs to reflect the trouble they can get into behind my back!

And finally, here's my layout:

Recipe:
Playful Caps, Playful Lowercase & Cassidy Alphabet stamp sets
My Happy Place papers (Doodlebug Designs)
Black & White Daisy cardstock
Juniper, Pixie & Black ink
Black marker
White gel pen (Sakura)
My Happy Place stickers (Doodlebug Designs)
Blush rick rack
Falling for You Shape Sprinkles (Doodlebug Designs)
Challenges: Double Trouble #137  Mother Goose (Thing 1 = inspired by the lines from Old Mother Hubbard "But when she came back, the dog sat in a chair" + Thing 2 = played along with Heart's Quest Challenge #29 + Thing 3 = used heart stickers and heart enamel shapes)

6 comments:

Donna Scholz said...

Cheryl, thank you for sharing your layout with us at Double Trouble for our "Mother Goose" themed challenge! I can't believe that I have lived so many decades and had no idea about the rest of the lines to the "Old Mother Hubbard" nursery rhyme!! Thank you so much for bringing it to my attention with such a sweet page of your doggy family!!! -Donna

Becca Sadler, owner and manager of HQCB and FQCB said...

Oh, Cheryl!! How very brilliantly clever you are!!! What an excellent layout for the DTCB and HQCB collaboration for Mother Goose Day of May 1st that we're acknowledging! Your layout is fabulous from corner to corner!! Too many details to discover like the little hearts scattered around!! :) --Becca

nikki said...

Have you talked about how you do your journaling? It is so consistent that I've always assumed it was typed.

Suzanne Reynolds said...

Bow-Wow, the last word in the lyrics. I just read the lyrics on Old Mother Hubbard, I was very familiar with the first verse but would not have guessed there were 13 verses (lots of elements to be used in a card for sure). Here's a link for cute video on the lyrics. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p1JFl16k6R0&t=125s
Love your layout and the heart embellishments randomly placed... and cute that your pup is sitting on a bean bag chair too. What a fun memory page.

Melanie R said...

Oh, how I love your page, Cheryl! It's fabulous. Thank you for playing along with us at Double Trouble Challenge #137. -- Melanie R.

Kellianne said...

What a cute page!! Perfect for the nursery rhyme you chose! So glad you played along with us at Double Trouble :)