Friday, May 5, 2023

Making a Home for Christmas Layout

I was going through some old photos and happened across these ones of my kids decorating gingerbread houses. They were too cute not to scrap, so I pulled out a scrapbook sketch and my bag of Christmas themed papers and started sorting through the scraps until I liked the arrangement of them. I knew I had a cute house die-cut on one of my Cricut cartridges, and the title was on the same page in the booklet, so I decided to edit it from "I'll be home for Christmas" to "Making a Home for Christmas" to highlight my two little builders! The kids had fun decorating their house, and I probably had just as much fun decorating mine with glitter gel.

And here's a close up of the house with all the glitter!

Recipe:
Miscellaneous papers from my stash
New England Ivy, Tulip, Kraft & White Daisy cardstock
New England Ivy & Tulip ink
Black marker
White gel pen (Sakura)
Jingle All the Way chipboard stockers & puffy stickers (Simple Stories)
Jingle All the Way Journal Bits ephemera (Simple Stories)
Stuck on You Puffies (hearts)
Ruby & Silver baker's twine
White brad
Red & Bronze Glitz glitter gel
Silver & Star Dust Stickles (Ranger)
Cricut You Are Here cartridge: title (edited in Design Space), house
Cricut Alphabet: "Making a"
Cricut Artistry cartridge: arrow (edited in Design Space)
Cricut Art Philosophy cartridge: banners
Pattern: EMS Sketch Challenge #102

Challenges: Cut It Up Challenge #277 Ribbons and Bows (I added a bow to the snow globe) + die-cut; Let's Craft & Create #195 Anything Goes with optional ribbon, lace, and/or twine (I chose twine)

4 comments:

Larelyn said...

Your page is wonderful. Isn't it fun looking back at special memories? Thank you for joining our Cut it Up Ribbons and Bows challenge.
Hugs,
Larelyn (CIU owner)

Tanya said...

Oh fun! I love the pics and your paper house too!

Heather said...

Ooo . . . your scraps created a beautiful layout!! Such a great way to show off a special memory. And I do love the little tiny bow on the snow globe element! Thanks for playing with Cut It Up Challenges.

Tone K. said...

So cute and pretty scrapbookpage :) I love the little gingerbreadhouse :) Thanks a lot for joining us at Let`s Craft and Create :)