Tuesday, May 9, 2023

For the Birds Layout for Lasting Memories #649

I started this layout last Friday as part of my design team entry for this week's Lasting Memories challenge, but life happened and I just got back to it this afternoon. Since our dog Huxley hated it, I had just one photo of him in his crate, so that became the focal point of my layout. To play along with the Lasting Memories tic-tac-toe challenge, I used a bird + 2 or more layers + one photo. I could just imagine Huxley thinking, "This crate business is for the birds," which is what inspired my title!


Here's the Tic-Tac-Toe board!

Recipe:
Dotty for You, Dream Pop & Craft On papers
Raspberry, Juniper, Sunflower, Peacock & White Daisy cardstock
Raspberry, Sunflower, Juniper & Peacock ink
Fineliner pen (iBayam)
Yellow ribbon (American Crafts)
My Happy Place & Falling for You Shape Sprinkles (Doodlebug Designs)
Color Kaleidoscope cardstock stickers (American Crafts)
Heart stencil (Scrapbook.com)
Cricut Art Philosphy cartridge: tag, banner, arrow
Cricut Design Space: title using Thick Alphabet
Pattern: Scrap Our Stash May 2023 sketch

Challenges: Critter Crazy Challenges #74 Anything Goes with an animal as the focus; Color My Heart #547 Rainbow Inspiration (used almost all the colors!)

6 comments:

Alyson Mayo said...

What a cute photo - and yes I am sure he is thinking "this is for the birds"! Thanks for sharing with us at Colour Dare :)

Suzanne Reynolds said...

Love the bright colors, maybe Huxley needed those colors on his crate or similar to his toy... fantastic memory page. I see some nursery rhymes and elements (bird, dog) in this page and even the hearts for our twist at Double Trouble to share with Heart's Quest. Love to see you there.

Cat Nowak said...

What a bright and cheerful layout! Thank you for playing with us at Color Dare!

Haven_mom4 said...

So funny, we have my daughter's cat and pug in a large crate in the barn right now as their place is being remodeled. The cat loves it but not the dog.

Debi said...

Love your mix of pattern papers! Darling layout...& puppy! Thanks for sharing at Color Dare.

Helen said...

Great layout - love your combination of papers.

Thanks for joining us at the Critter Crazy Challenge.

Helen x
DT