Tuesday, June 13, 2023

Merry & Bright Twinkling Lights Layout

This layout went through several iterations before I finally decided on a design, but I thought it would be fun to use the Santa and reindeer stamp along with the houses die-cut, and the rest just evolved as I worked on it! I added some gold Stickles to the lights, houses, and trees to go with the starry night paper and the lights theme, and I'm pretty happy with how it all turned out.

Recipe:
Santa Claus & Poster Tidings stamp sets
Let's Wander Mixed Media paper (American Crafts)
Miscellaneous Basic Grey paper scraps (from my stash)
Black, Bamboo & White Daisycard stock
Black, Cocoa & Barn Red ink
Clear embossing powder
Jingle All the Way Chipboard stickers, Journaling Bits ephemera & decorative brads (Simple Stories)
Gold Stickles (Ranger)
Black hemp
Cricut Artistry cartridge: houses
Cricut Art Philosophy cartridge: tag
Challenges: Cut It Up #279 Tag! You're It (the tag was a perfect touch for my title block); Colorful Options Peach or Rainbow colors (I went with rainbow and used the watercolor background because it had a rainbow of colors)

3 comments:

Heather said...

Great layout!! Your background is fabulous! Thanks for playing with Cut It Up Challenge.

Larelyn said...

Tags can be such a perfect addition to so many projects. Love your layout.
Thank you for joining our Cut it Up Tag challenge.
Hugs,
Larelyn (CIU owner)

Makira said...

Cheryl, I must say, your layout is absolutely stunning! The dark sky in the background adds a captivating touch to the overall aesthetic. Looking at your pictures brings back fond memories of the Osborne Family Lights that used to grace Hollywood Studios in FL. Wishing you a peaceful & relaxing weekend. Cheers, Makira